Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 ignition key cover column

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 10:53pm
I would not be unduly worried about the hole. Looking a little more closely at the breather I can see in fact it extends from the tank adjacent to the filler pipe connection cap to near the top of the filler hose near the filler cap. It is a pity you can not get you computer to open the manual. I would not worry about water of condensation. It probably is visible with the cap off and when I fill my tank to absolute full I get fuel running out of it.
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2017 at 11:00pm
Meant to add the passenger seat has a pressure switch in the seating area which may have shorted ( think it is normally open till pressure applied )
This has been deleted from my year of car so guess it has been giving bother.
If in doubt give it a clout!
Jerseykev View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseykev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 5:35pm
Thanks again, The bleep problem from the seat sensor has gone away, so all is good. Can I ask , where do I look to check the breather pipe from the petrol tank, I'm thinking did the mechanic locate it or not and just drilled a hole. I would like to check myself if the breather pipe is not blocked , if possible. I will say that the car is going like a dream now, Smooth ,no jerking when overtaking and steering easier because he changed the servo fluid.Another question, how important would it be to change the auto transmission fluid, its not been done for years is my guessing, But the gearbox is always been great. Is it an easy job to do yourself. I know , its important to use the right oil.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 5:46pm
I can't really describe its location any better than I have two posts up from here.Thumbs Up If you fill the tank up as fast as you can right up and even beyond the gate you should see fuel come out of the breather, if it does not then if has somehow become blocked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678