Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 - Nats issue - almost scrapped
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Nats issue - almost scrapped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Nats issue - almost scrapped
    Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 4:12pm
Hi 
52 plate nissan primera P12 , 92k miles , bought as it had 9 months mot for £200 
Car ran fine for a week , nae problems 
Then i had the bright idea of changing the screen as it was not showing anything 
So i purchased one off of a  famous large auction site 
Arrived fitted , and since then zilch , nothing , cant get past NATS  immobiliser 
I have put old screen back in and still nothing 

I have checked every earth i can , including rear light cluster 
I have had the steering column stripped and checked connections and 
sprayed connections , and confirmed the battery is in top voltage including
removing and charging overnight at one point.

I have tried reprogramming , resetting , key chip by turning of key 
swiftly 5 times , 10 times and even 12 times 

We have been reading here for days for ideas but its a huge amount to take 
in and like anyone with a car off the road paying for insurance and tax its a
priority , but frankly we have been at it about a week now and are ready 
to give up unless you folks can offer some inspiration , as im not prepared to 
pay for a towing fee to a nissan dealsership with a unknown investigation 
charge and a bill that could be as long as a piece of string , im a minimum
wage , gig economy , paye monkey so i simply dont have money to throw
away or at this , im currently back to buses to get to work and its total
agony 

I think last leg of hope may be that the description of the KEY from 
NAT1 systems seems to match my key although typically this year 
should be nats 2 as best i can read , can anyone confirm ?
I b eleive i may be capable of following the instructions for the 
nat1 bypass , nat2 seems impossible 
HOWEVER , i have been behind the glove box , around the steering 
coloumn and under the hood and I cant find the unit/box that would appear
to be the nat1 systems control box that the pins can be shortened from.

So i would appreciate any help or direction anyone can offer 
Nicky1364 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 9:37pm
can anyone confirm that changing the screen may would cause the 
NATS system to kick in and lock the car down ?
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 11:54pm
It could well do Nicky as the electrics on a P12 are very tempremental, when you put a screen in from another car it has to be recoded as it is foreign to your vehicle,having said that, putting the original back would not need a recode, just leaves you with the same problem.  Ouch
Roy
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 11:14am
As Roy said the P12 electrics can be temperamental and unpredictable with disastrous consequences. I have a feeling if your screen was working you would have a number of error messages ranging from Secure to NATS issues. You seem to have tried many things and could have compounded the problems as I am not even sure that if the car is OK your keys would correctly respond. I take it the replacement screen did not power up indicating that the issue is with the component in the CD/DVD player (is Sat Nav fitted?) and not the screen itself, try a hair drier to warm up the players.

Nicky1364 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 3:38pm
Ok , to clarify , the radio and heater etc worked , but screen was not working at 
all , so decided to change 

The new screen turned out to be wrong one , indeed it had two plugs 
not just one , the second screen had option for sat nav , the original did not 

The second screen did not light up at all when plugged in , so swapped back 
to old one and again nothing , zilch 

To help me , can anyone clarify since i read something that confused me in another thread 
about the immobiliser 

when car is locked via fob , the red light car with key in middle flashes quickly , then after about 10 seconds flashes every few seconds slowly 

after opening with fob and putting key in ignition the car  continues to flash slowly , other lights on dashboard light up but they is zero action from rest of car ? I presumed this was the immobilser 
looking for a key ( the k=chip in key ) and somehow the car was locked down as it had lost keycodes

should the car be turning over but not start due to immobiliser stopping fuel etc 
or does the immobiliser in this model just stop ANYTHING from happening 

Im guessing its harder for me as i dont have a working screen to tell me anything ?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 4:43pm
The NATS immobilisation is indicated with a solid light, if it is flashing it should not be the NATS. I'm pretty certain the engine turns but the spark and fuel are denied
Nicky1364 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky1364 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:05pm
JEEX 
you might have hit on something?

can anyone else confirm how exactly the immobiliser works ? on this model ?

I wonder if changing screen has blown a fuse ? i have already checked lots of fuses  but the big fuses 
you cant check , nothing to see ? 
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:21pm
Check Fuses 1, 10 and 33

1 and 10 inside Car
1 is Top Row on the Left

33 under the Bonnet
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 5:39pm
There are about 5 variation of screen and early models employed a monochrome vacuum display.
They are not interchangeable due to differences in the wiring and there job.
You should only replace like with like ie same part no. same model no. 
Some of the under bonnet fuses are self resetting, they remain open circuit until the fault is cleared so cold checks on these will not work.
The immobiliser should go out and stay out if it is working ok, if it is solid or flashing there is a problem.
And yes something is either damaged by fitting wrong screen or a plug dislodged/damaged in the process. 
If in doubt give it a clout!
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Electrolyte Electrolyte wrote:

There are about 5 variation of screen and early models employed a monochrome vacuum display.
They are not interchangeable due to differences in the wiring and there job.
You should only replace like with like ie same part no. same model no. 
Some of the under bonnet fuses are self resetting, they remain open circuit until the fault is cleared so cold checks on these will not work.
The immobiliser should go out and stay out if it is working ok, if it is solid or flashing there is a problem.
And yes something is either damaged by fitting wrong screen or a plug dislodged/damaged in the process. 

Correct but only when successfully startedSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>