Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 - Alternator swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campbell1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 - Alternator swap
    Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:39am
Hi all, I got a new alternator for my primera as the old ones bearings have gone, I was just wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to remove these as i found it quite tight when removing one from my parts car, had to break a few bits which i dont want to have to my own car, Im sure someone on here has done it before and knows how its done, No detailed guide needed just which parts to remove and in which order, Also is there anything else i should be replacing while i have it out? I have a new belt already, Also how do i know when i have the new belt fitted and at the correct tension?? Sorry for the daft questions just wanna be sure i know what im at before starting, 

Lastly how do i upgrade my account, Dont mind paying just who do i pay??lol

Thanks in advance
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 11:50am
The belt should deflect about 6mm half in between the pulley.Or to get it the same tension as the current belt mark the the tensioner bolt with paint before undoing it at the adjuster bracket.You can also use a r clip on the tensioner bolt also to mark its original position.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 4:35pm
 Post Reply Post Reply