Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 GT - SR20DE v Nissan's SR20DET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 GT - SR20DE v Nissan's SR20DET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheStigP11GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 8:59am
Standard service parts will generally yield no performance change, you could go to Platinum or Iridium for a smoother burn on air fuel, and will last longer, Fuel Filters there is no difference, 

I would not see any change in using a different fuel filter. Infact if you plan on using DET parts for your DE, it's pointless. Stick to DE parts. 

There are other ways to get more power out the engine, Adjusting TPS (Thottle Position Sensor), and cleaning MAF would be classed as a standard service, however Advancing the Timing will give an increase in performance, Thats free, I ran my old GT at 19* TDC with High octane fuel, I felt better benefits and funnily enough better fuel economy. 

Also stay clear of all these stupid eBay Resistors etc, they are stupid and yield no results. 

---Current Cars---
Primera GT - SR20VE.N1 / Qashqai 1.5 N-Tec K9K / Pulsar 1.5 N-Tec K9K
http://www.neovvl.com
ahmed bossman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmed bossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

No that's not the way to do it.

1) Switch on the ignition, but don't start the engine.
2) Open the bonnet and locate the TPS sensor wiring connector. This is the brown plug behind the throttle cam, on the cabin side of the throttle body.
3) Set the voltmeter for DC voltage, and insert the probes into the top two wires on the wiring connector.
4) With the throttle in the idle position, you should get a reading of about 0.5 volts
5) If this is not the case, loosen the two bolts holding the TPS sensor in place, and twist round until you get the correct voltage reading.
6) Rotate the throttle cam and the voltage level should increase in proportion to the opening of the throttle.
7) When you twist the throttle cam as far as it will go (full throttle), you should get a reading a little over 4 volts.

I've done mine and it works. I can let go off the throttle from 3000 rpm 'till 500 rpm without any heavy jerking when I start to accelerate to 1200 rpm and let go of the throttle again.

I had a voltage of almost 1v instead of 0,50 - 0,55.

Make sure your throttle-cable is tight and not loosened up for a correct measurement.

It takes litteraly 15 minutes to sort this out.

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p11-20-tps_topic76702_post942777.html?KW=throttle+position#942777

although this was on the same thread as idle speed, would this be the method of adjusting the TPS?

thanks
'98 DR2 Green Primera P11 GT - Track car
'98 AJ4 Flame Red Primera P11 GT
2014 Blue Vw Move Up! - Track Car
2009 Milano Red Honda Accord ES GT

Insta : @ahmed.bossman

Youtube : shorturl.at/glzWY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12