Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, just got a p12 2002 and need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pofkinsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, just got a p12 2002 and need help
    Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:16pm
Hello everyone, I've just got a p12 2002 with only 140k km run. 
One problem is that when we were driving it home after just gotten it we put in some 95 (eco I think) gas and after 2km's the engine light turned on. When it was blinking the acceleration was really bad, but after it stopped blinking everything was fine. My father said it feels like one cylinder stopped working but I have no idea :D

One more question, is there any particular website where I could order a cheap reversing camera? Mine doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks alot, Pofkinsas.
Pofkinsas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pofkinsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
btw the engine is 1.8 gas
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 2:38pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

well if you don't want to turn it around and take it back to where you bought it from or make contact with then to find out what he know then first thing to do is get that engine code read:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-all-engines-read-reset-ecu-fuel-pump_topic54932.html

when you do it correctly just count the flashes of the light it will give a repeating sequence of four digits, 10 flashes representing zero

get the code and pop it back hereThumbs Up

Pofkinsas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pofkinsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:18pm
hey, just got back with the code, I think I've got the code right, it was pretty hard to get it haha, the code was 10-3-10-2 or that means 0-3-0-2, so its a missfire in the cylinder? Is that really bad?
Pofkinsas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pofkinsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:20pm
And when I turned the car on the smell of gas was strong, any connections with that?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 9:57pm
Could be a myriad of things - Taken from the ESM

Improper spark plug

Insufficient compression

Incorrect fuel pressure

The injector circuit is open or shorted

Fuel injectors

Intake air leak

The ignition signal circuit is open or shorted

Lack of fuel

Drive plate or flywheel

Heated oxygen sensor 1

Incorrect PCV hose connection

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
If you could smell gas when ignition turned on ie primed the fuel system,that would suggest a bad fuel pipe/loose connection imo.
Pofkinsas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pofkinsas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 12:06am
whats the worst that could be the problem? How much aprox is it gonna cost to fix?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:49am
Insufficient compression on that cylinder, unlikely but really easy to check with a compression checker. As said above check the fuelling hoses. If it is not than likely by a poor spark plug again very easily checked. when was it last serviced?
 Post Reply Post Reply