Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 ABS Warning light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 ABS Warning light
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:29pm
Please learn how to read with comprehension. Thanks
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 4:45pm
^^ Yes exactly.
Until you have to make a damn serious emergency stop (and your life flashes before you at that time... really its not funny)... and you make it by 3 feet, then you may then you totally appreciate that a well maintained and optimally functioning brake system(as is designed on the car) may have saved your life or someone elses... then you realise the utter importance...

It could save lives, prevent injury; as was probably intended by Nissan in all their vast wisdom, thats why they made it... not 'for fun or to waste money' as Norm says.

If anyone is having issues with ABS and has the sense to fix it rather than removing bulbs(!)- then I think you can short out pin4 on Datalink connector to earth and this will pulse the ABS light as to if there are errors and what the problem is maybe.
Check out this link (think for P11 but may possibly translate onto later variants (very useful): - http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p11-abs-system-diagnostic_topic48583.html

**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Astral07 Astral07 wrote:

Yes, you could have stopped better without ABS. The trick is not to lock your wheels. Here is an example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnjszE3NS9E

Again, i'm not against ABS, just saying you can do without it, and depending on the situation it's a better/worse choice.

If Nissan thought it wasnt needed they could of saved millions on fitting it. ABS is a proven safety feature so removing it or bulbs whilst ignoring faults they maybe there is at best foolish
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
Telling me I would have 'stopped better without ABS' (amongst other things), is suggesting it maybe better to not have it (as I apparently would have stopped better)!!... yea whatever anyway. Thumbs Up
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 2:43am
Your comments directed to me are very rude. Never did i mention 50/50 and never did i says it's better not to have ABS. In fact i've told the opposite. You're not reading very carefully. But i will not revisit this topic as you have already presented your attitude well enough. Have a nice day.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:44pm
Have heard also in the event of some more serious accidents, ABS records stored in ECU are or can be accessed by Insurance companies/ accident investigators to check the cars involved did not have faulty ABS systems. I do not think removing bulbs is a good idea at all on many levels and is not a quick fix to get an MOT- Just fix the damn ABS!
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by alan2307 alan2307 wrote:

I have a 2001 P11 144 with same issue , could you tell me how to take the bulb out as my mot is due and have not solved abs problem yet , the brakes work very well .

Yes, believe is an  MOT failure, despite what some people may say or think. Some people are not even aware why on ignition phase ABS light comes on briefly, then should go out shortly after- this is because it is performing a self test, to ensure all is functioning. See below

a. a warning lamp is fitted
b. the lamp illuminates
c. the lamp follows the correct sequence of operation
d. does not indicate a fault.

Note: The sequence varies with the type of system. Refer to the manufacturers or other reliable data, eg purpose produced charts, books, etc. This sequence is usually something along the lines of coming on with the ignition, then going out (and staying out) a number of seconds later.

The car will fail if the ABS light:

a. is missing
b. does not illuminate
c. does not follow the correct sequence of operation
d. indicates an ABS fault.

The MOT regs are very clear on this.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by alan2307 alan2307 wrote:

I have a 2001 P11 144 with same issue , could you tell me how to take the bulb out as my mot is due and have not solved abs problem yet , the brakes work very well .

I maybe wrong but if the tester starts it to move they will note its not working aside from it perhaps being a safety issue
alan2307 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan2307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 3:17pm
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm
Anybody who removes a ABS system/disables it from a car that came with it from factory needs locking up imo,as with today drivers about, trust me you need it..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>