Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Alarm Sounding- odd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Alarm Sounding- odd
    Posted: 07 May 2017 at 4:40pm
Think I finally found the problem- Bonnet sensor...
... after more observations of when alarm would sound off, turns out it was on days when the sun shone. Think it would often go off at midday time because it was right when the sun was getting hotter.

Think 'PeterG' who posts on here sometimes mentioned that the heat and temperatures can set the alarms off because of slight movement when the metal heats up and expands/ contracts etc. Think he is maybe correct in my case. Probably only a 1mm movement even but poss enough to move the  bonnet off/ away from the sensor... fix has been to slightly bend the sensor bracket up about 2mm, so far no more issues since doing that and its hasn't happened since.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 2:57pm
Yes it is odd- did it again today- exactly 12.15 !
Thought of disconnecting battery but may just live with it for now as I would rather just have it going off once,in the daytime rather than disturbing it and the thing going off at night or something- seems to have a mind of its own my alarm on occasions.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 2:25pm
That's is weird same time every time
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 7:52am
No idea what's going on but try resetting everything by unplugging the car battery terminals for 24h.

Before doing that you can also try changing the time on your clock to see if it will sound again at 12:15 (Car time). :D
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
Recently swapped batteries over to a better one and now strangely the alarm has been sounding off. In the past it seemed to go off on occasions for no reason- so I use the 'Disable sensor button'. This seemed to do the rick and the alarm stopped going off....

Now recently (since swapping the batteries it seems), the alarm seems to go off at almost the sametime each day- about 12.15! Think it has happened bout 4 days in a row and the last 2 times have looked at the clock and yes, seems to go off at 12.15! Doesn't sound off at night, just at 12.15 it seems ... now maybe just coincidence- I will see if this happens 2morrow and the next day to be sure.
Seems weird it is sounding off each 24hours at 12.15 pretty much- anyone had experience of this? BTW it sounds even though the sensor button is engaged(on), which also seemed odd. 
 Post Reply Post Reply