Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12, Does it have belt or chain?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12, Does it have belt or chain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zednuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12, Does it have belt or chain?
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 1:04pm
Hi! I was wondering if my Primera P12 has timing belt or a chain. I tried to look it up but didn't find anything. When I press the clutch in the rev meter goes up and down for a bit, someone suggested me that perhaps the belt was coming to an end.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:42pm
Chain :) And a big welcome to the forums too.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Zednuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zednuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by essNchill essNchill wrote:

Chain :) And a big welcome to the forums too.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun

Good to know. Thank you!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
It is a chain. If the it was stretched the car would throw and engine management light. unsteady revs while idle on a diesel may be an indication of the suction control valve starting to fail. You have not stated what your engine is.
Loftyman2 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loftyman2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:14pm
Hi I have a p12 2005 1.6sx how can I tell if its has a timing belt or chain thanks
Zednuk View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zednuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by timeshock! timeshock! wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
<DIV abp="1048">It is a chain. If the it was stretched the car would throw and engine management light. unsteady revs while idle on a diesel may be an indication of the suction control valve starting to fail. You have not stated what your engine is.

Hello, and thank you! I forgot to mention, but I have only seen it happen when I push the clutch in when the car is moving. My engine is 1.6 petrol. I have changed my car's battery recently, if that matters.
 Post Reply Post Reply