Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Garage to fix P12 Airbag light recurring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnishar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Garage to fix P12 Airbag light recurring
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:26am
Hi All,

I have Nissan Primera p12 (2005), airbag light is on for some time and the garages able to reset them but the light comes back again. 

Tried Nissan dealer, they were not sure just said it will cost me £1000 including the module change. I am looking for some reputable garages who can procure part and do this correctly 

I live in Redhill, Surrey. Please help 

Thanks 
Nishar
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:08pm
Hey Nishar,

Assuming you've seen this:

Now whilst that shows you how to reset the light, obviously you need to find the cause here.. 9 times out of 10 it's the connector under the front passenger seat (or drivers seat) and because someone has moved either seat, it's dislodged the connector / plug.

For me, I'd locate the connecting plug, give it a good solid plug and satisfy myself that it is as tight as I can and then reset the light (using the instructions above) and see how you get on.

Many thanks and take care,
Shaun
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:59pm

If you follow the instruction below and come back with the code if you have not managed to successfully resolve the issue then come back here with the codeThumbs Up

1. Turn ignition switch “ON”.

2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch “OFF” within 1 second.

3. Wait more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat the steps 1 to 2 two times.

5. Turn ignition switch “ON”.

6. Compare the number of flashes to Air Bag Warning Lamp Flash Code.

7. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and disconnect the battery ground terminal.

8. Repair the system as outlined by the “REPAIR ORDER” in “Warning Lamp Flash Code Chart” that corresponds

to flash code.

9. After the repairing of malfunction, connect the battery ground cable, and turn the ignition switch ON.

10. Check that no malfunction is detected.

Post Reply Post Reply