Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2004, Radio Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2004, Radio Issue
    Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:59am
Hi folks! nice to meet you all. 

I was hoping to get some insight in a radio issue i'm having with my P12, 1.6 petrol (with satnav) from 2004. It has a custom fitted Parrot MKI 9000 carkit for handsfree calls and to stream Spotify from my phone. 

Anyways, the issue is that it's common that my radio doesn't work properly when i start the car. When that happens i have to restart the car several times (usually 1 to 3 restarts) to get the radio up and running. 

When the radio is not working properly there is no audio and the display shows that none or not all radio channels are available. Turning the radio off and on using the buttons on the dashboard doesn't help.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions :)
spongebob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:01am
Oh, i posted in the wrong section. Sorry :)
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:59pm
moved to the correct section
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
AssimilatorX View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssimilatorX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 9:27pm
I got some spares with full wiring if youbwant to try something.
spongebob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 7:41am
Originally posted by AssimilatorX AssimilatorX wrote:

I got some spares with full wiring if youbwant to try something.

So you think it might be the radio itself thats broken? 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssimilatorX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 11:06am
Look like that way, as the whole system is comprised of four parts, the display and keyboard, (that also connected to the air con module) and the cd drive under the keyboard, dvd drive in the trunk, the antenna actually connected to the cd drive so basically that has the tuner in it . I am in Ashford if you not too far out you welcome to come and we can play around.

spongebob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:29pm
Hmm, i appreciate your suggestion but i'm not actually from the UK :)
I'm from the Netherlands and while its not that far away, i would have to cross some serious water hehe.

I will visit the UK in the first week of August by the way, motortrip along the south coast up to Wales and back. 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AssimilatorX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 6:36pm
Thats another two months to go. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply