Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie seeking advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by edmo edmo wrote:

I know the topic of earth upgrades has been discussed many times on here but I am wondering if that's what's wrong with my car or not. I have a 53 plate P12 and it's doing allsorts it shouldn't lol. If I indicate left, I lose all power and kangaroo down the road like a learner. If I put my lights on I lose acceleration completely toothed extent I have to turn off my lights even at night to accelerate away from lights! Occasionally the radio screen goes off when I brake and the fog lights also come on occasionally when I brake but these haven't happened for ages. The main problem is the lack of acceleration and the kangarooing.

Now I have just rang Nissan to book it in for the earth upgrade. None of the mechanics there have ever heard of an earth problem , even the 'master mechanic'. They tried to tell me that the problem is corrosion in pin 5 at the rear and degradation of the light clusters. They are currently getting me a price for this but is this what I need to do? I don't want to pay Nissan a fortune to replace bits that I don't need to but I want it fixing as I'm starting to hate the car I used to love.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
Its the same thing, Nissan will replace the whole thing do the earth fix for nothing
nutty570 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutty570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 9:34pm
Hi all,

I'm also new to NPOC and Nissans, I am having the same problems, I have found the DIY fix in the 'how to' section. Unfortunately there are no photos due to Photobox changing their policy. Please can anyone help by providing photos to go with the instructions. Thank you in advance.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 11:38pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
Yes we have been a bit stuffed by photobucket's change of policy, ( I cant blame them to be fair but it is a bit annoying)
All I can describe is remove the plastic cover under the hatch, und the bolt securing the light, carefully but firmly pull the light off, be carful as it is held by thin plastic legs. Unscrew the lights, wrap a wire around the metal circuit and rout it to one of the bolt positions, put back, job done
nutty570 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutty570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:17am
Thanks timeshock!.

I will give ago.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by nutty570 nutty570 wrote:

Thanks timeshock!.

I will give ago.
If you are not to far from Sleaford, I will do it for you. Thumbs Up
Roy
nutty570 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nutty570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:36am
roy.2

Thanks for the offer. I've managed to sort it thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12