Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 Gearbox Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambridge-Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 Gearbox Problem
    Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:11pm
02 reg, 98K on the clock. Have loved this car.
Over the past year it has become increasingly difficult to engage reverse (and to a much lesser extent first).
Any ideas / common problems?
Thanks,
Rob
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 3:31pm
Have you changed the gearbox oil?- the most obvious and easiest thing of all to try first.

Have seen more than a few posts that people have been surprised how tightness and issues have actually disappeared after changing oil.
I had a Micra a few years back and the gears started to get stiff- changed the oil and was amazed when the issues were no more and had a smooth and light box again, wished I had done it 2 years earlier!
Must do mine on my P11 as have not done it  since owning the car and suspect the former owner had not either.
Cambridge-Rob View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambridge-Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 11:31am
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply