Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p12 2.2dci - cold start problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 5:27pm
Chris. Take out the Glow Plugs and test them. One end on the battery [carefully] and use a jump lead to make the other connection. They should glow White hot, not just red. Thumbs Up
Roy
blade1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 9:52am
I've replaced the glow plugs with a new set and the problem still persists.

Intermittent starting problems. It does seem to be affected by the way I park my car - my driveway slopes down to the house. I usually reverse in so that I can drive out and this is when most of the problems occur.

It seems better if I drive in (i.e the car facing down a hill)! 

I will have a look at replacing the fuel filter at the weekend and will also check the fuel lines to see if there is an air leak at all. There might be a leak as I can't get the primer on top of the fuel filter to go solid - it just keeps pumping?

I only replaced the SCV a few months ago so it shouldn't be that and when she is started she drives lovely and has a smooth idle.

Hoping its an easy fix and nothing electrical!!

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:04pm
If the primer will not go solid within one or two presses it is a fuel line problem including the primer and filter
blade1 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blade1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:29am
Just an update in case it helps anyone else.........

Changed the fuel filter on Saturday and also noticed that the fuel line from the top of the filter to the engine had perished and had cracks in it. No signs of leaking fuel that I could see but replaced that as well to be safe.

When draining the old filter a load of black crap came out which I am sure wasn't helping the engine! The old filter was date stamped 2008 so it has been awhile since it was changed.  

Anyway, my problem now appears to be sorted (fingers crossed!) with the car starting first time the past few days. Long may that continue!!

thanks for everyones input, such a good forum!

Chris   

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:58am
Nice one Chris. Glad you got it sorted. Thumbs Up
Roy
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 4:55pm
👍
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
Great resultThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12