Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 ac/heater fan slow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 ac/heater fan slow
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:09pm
My P12, 2004 post facelift has developed a random issue where the fan runs at slow speed when set to anything above half speed. If speed is set below half speed, it doesn't blow at all. It doesn't matter if the speed is set manually or controlled by the climate control.

On a three hour drive today fan worked perfectly for the first two hours, then it got slow for the last hour. Last week there was a day it was slow for the full day, but it had no problems the day before or day after.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is there a connection or component known to cause trouble with the fan control?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 4:13pm

Not heard of that particular issue but I would be looking here

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 6:44pm
Might be worth removing the Blower Motor and lubricating the Bearing.
Wonder if the Bearing is getting hot and sticking?

I have had a couple of noisy/squeaky motors on older Primera and a Micra
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:08pm
Thanks.
Unfortunately all pictures are gone from that thread, and text refers to pictures for location. Do you know where that part is located?
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:31pm
When reading about the temperature dependent fuse, I got to think about the conditions when this issue has occurred: At the warmest time of day, at the warmest days this year.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:33pm
Photobucket have ruined the Internet !!!!

Pics here
http://www.primera-club.ru/f/elektrooborudovanie-p12/14667-dvigatel-pechki-zamolchal-rezistor/p20
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:42pm
This motor doesn't squeak though. I think the first thing to do will be to swap the motor and the speed control module (if I find it) with my other car. Then, if the problem jumps to the other car, I'll swap back one of them. Problem is though - I don't know when it will / should reoccur. Maybe it will reoccur in the car we choose for family vacation, at a time when we are far from the other car and won't return for weeks...
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 9:47pm
Thanks for that link, imckay. I should be able to find it there.
petterg View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petterg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 12:43pm
This fault finally has become stable enough for debugging - it is the blower motor. At the current state the blower will run for about a minute, then stop. If I give the fan a little push, it spinns for another half a minute or so, then stops again.
It has got a few soaks of wd40, but that didn't help. I think the brushes in the motor has worn down.

Now - how do I get this thing out? Motor is in a plastic cover. I've loosened all the bolts I can find, and it still not loose in the front. The rear side is lose so I could take the fan off and see the motor. Is there a screw somewhere that is not visible/feelable from the underneath?

When ordering a new motor from ebay, they all seem to include the plastic cover - and the plastic is mirrored for LH / RH cars. Can I take the motor from a RH car out of the plastic and use it in my LH car?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 3:47pm
Not done it but I take it you are using the ESM

BLOWER UNIT PFP:27200

Removal and Installation EJS001P9

REMOVAL

1. Remove the glove box assembly.

2. Remove the glove box cover and instrument lower assist panel.

3. Remove the ECM with ECM bracket.

4. Remove the blower unit fixing bolt and screw.

5. Disconnect the blower motor connector and auto amp. connector.

6. Move the blower unit downwards, then disconnect the intake

door motor connector.

CAUTION:

Slide the blower unit toward the passenger side, remove location

pins (2 pieces), then move it downwards.

7. Remove the blower unit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>