Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 1.8 - hard ride suspension?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshk4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 1.8 - hard ride suspension?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 1:02am
I have upgraded Nissan Primera P12 1.8 2003 to a 2005 model. 

My 2003 Primera gives a smooth ride. When I drive over a square metal gutter in the road, it might be a 1" or 2" dip. 

When I drive over the same road in my 2005 Primera, the car will give a 'hard' ride and it is n't smooth as my 2003. In my 2003 car, I would have felt very little.  The ride in my 2005 model, is harder and stiffer, perhaps brittle. 

I looked at symptoms for faulty suspensions/shocks and they say the car will bounce up and down, but the car does n't do that. Nor are there any knocking noises..... 

I don't know if Nissan changed the suspension between the 2003 and 2005 version. My 2005 is very low mileage, so I don't know if metals have hardened due to lack of use....

It has passed the MOT. The garage could not see anything wrong with it. They have invited me again, for a test drive with them. 

Any ideas?

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:23am
Is it fitted with 17" wheels?
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 7:56pm
Are the tyre profiles the same on both? Whats the psi in the tyres,might have to much in them.

Shocks can still pass MOT and be ok ish but still not as good as what another set may be on another car.
rajeshk4u View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajeshk4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 9:33pm
The tyres are 205/60R16

I will take the car to the petrol station and check the pressure....

Thx
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 2:30am
Suspension was up-graded for face lift models  with extra stiffness in the body.
You will feel every little lump on the road, but boot it down a curvy road with twists and bends  and it will not disappoint . It was scary first time I tested it, almost forgot to brake. It will not roll.
If in doubt give it a clout!
 Post Reply Post Reply