Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2.0 SVE ...overheating & noise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.0 SVE ...overheating & noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 12:26pm
Surprised you did not try to move it on through spares and repairs on ebay, not such a big job for some to do.
Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:14pm
I would love for someone else to use the car, but there are other problems too and overall I would not want anyone to buy a faulty car then spend (waste) monies only to find something new to crop up.

1)The radio does not work on MW or LW (too much static) and keeps cutting out on FM
2)Clutch feels that it is close to it's limit, bite point is very high
3)Gearbox can difficult to select gears when warm, linkages have been lubricated which has eased the problem slightly
4)Water collects in the spare wheel well, both seat belts are always saturated
5)Both headlights are shady, been replaced twice before (ebay purchased Xenons)- potential MOT failure
6)Someone reversed into the bonnet, now the Nissan badge has fallen off

I would not wish dealing with these matters upon anyone, life is tough enough even for a knowing purchaser - and I certainly don't want any come back to deal with!
Smileyman View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smileyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:17pm
Also, my timetable has been accelerated, back in 2005 I kept my old Primera as a second car on my insurance at no cost, my current insurer wants £30pw to keep it on road, and I don't have space to keep it off road or SORN etc
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Smileyman Smileyman wrote:

I would love for someone else to use the car, but there are other problems too and overall I would not want anyone to buy a faulty car then spend (waste) monies only to find something new to crop up.

1)The radio does not work on MW or LW (too much static) and keeps cutting out on FM
2)Clutch feels that it is close to it's limit, bite point is very high
3)Gearbox can difficult to select gears when warm, linkages have been lubricated which has eased the problem slightly
4)Water collects in the spare wheel well, both seat belts are always saturated
5)Both headlights are shady, been replaced twice before (ebay purchased Xenons)- potential MOT failure
6)Someone reversed into the bonnet, now the Nissan badge has fallen off

I would not wish dealing with these matters upon anyone, life is tough enough even for a knowing purchaser - and I certainly don't want any come back to deal with!

Time to move on for sure.It's done you well with the miles it's done already tbf.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12