Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 steering rack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefkilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 steering rack
    Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:55pm
I have a primera p12 1.8 2002 I am trying to remove a steering rack and I'm having trouble with the bolts holding it on to the car. I cannot get the bolt to turn I'm turning it anti clockwise is that the correct way or is it for some reason I have to turn it clockwise. I'm using a breaker bar and a metal rod witch makes it 6ft long to help with leverage and it still won't move plz help
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 3:57pm
Remember this for bolts Lefty losey,righty tightly

The steering rack clamp bolts would of not likely been removed before,so they have seized up,i would get some heat on them then get the breaker bar on it before it cools down again.That will do it.
Beefkilz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefkilz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 4:04pm
I thought I was ,Lefty lose ,righty tightly

And thanks for the info will try get some heat on it
 Post Reply Post Reply