Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Window Regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redukdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Window Regulator
    Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:12am
Hi everyone

The time has come for me to replace the regulator, I've undone the motor wiring and am re winding it around the regulator wheel, but how tight should the wiring be?

I've wound it around as tight as I can get it, but the runners won't budge that well, if I loosen it by one wind, the cabling seems quite loose?

Many thanks
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:31am
Your easiest way would be to replace the whole unit as it's a pain to try to repair these things. Ouch
Roy
redukdaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redukdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 9:56am
Hi Roy

Problem is I can't afford it lol

I might take the passenger side off and see how tight it is (problem is with drivers side)
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:05pm
You can get a Regulator for about £30 on Ebay.

A Cable Kit for under £10. They can be a right pain though.

Replaced a Cable on my Neighbours old Hyundai.
The sheath had not been trimmed off properly causing it to be too tight.
The Nipples were too big and had to be filed down.
3+ Hour Job.

When the other side failed, new Regulator fitted in 20 Mins.
redukdaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redukdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
How tight was the cable on the runners?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:37am
I have done this, it is a pain, but just perseverance does it plus a little observation and tweaking to enable it to go back together. It is tight.
Bakerman View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:44pm
I've done this too, after a simple sucking disc from a sunblind disappeared in the door and messed up the wiring inside. My fault. Embarrassed 
Halfway on our 2000 km trip to Spain, it took me about an hour with the few tools I had onboard to fixate the screen, because it was down. Back home I ordered a repair kit.

Just like timeshock! mentioned above, a little perseverence and for me not so little observation did it.
Wink
Total cost almost 20 €.
redukdaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redukdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 8:34pm
A replacement arrived today, and it wouldn't fit in the white holder? I measured the replacement, it was 51mm whilst the original is 47mm, was there a design change?

I managed to tension the wiring, that was a job and a half!

At the moment I've wedged the window closed lol
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm
2002 - 2004 & 2004 - 2006 are different, however not sure if it covered the electric windows
redukdaz View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redukdaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 9:31pm
Ahh, the plate is DG56
 Post Reply Post Reply