Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD ABS sensor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD ABS sensor issue
    Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:32am
Thank you, this is very detailed. I'll give it a go but for now it's raining all the time...
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 5:06pm
Remove the hub nut (36mm)

Disconnect the outer track rod end from the hub,loosen the nut (17mm or 19mm depending on whats been fitted)remove the split pin if it's got one, hit the nut up over so not to damage the threads, you can also hit around the hub socket to shock it which will loosen the track rod end then just move it out of the way.

Remove the ABS cable 10mms and the one 12m bolt or it will get damaged by the weight of the hub.

Take out the lower shock mounting bolt (17mm)

Remove the top link to middle link 17mm nut/bolt,once you pull that out the complete lot will drop/swing out.Having a jack in place under the lower arm will stop the driveshaft from coming out of the inner cv joint.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:39am
I've never done that, any tips how to swing it outwards? What do it need to take off in order to be able to do it?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 2:58pm
Drill and then hit it out is the only way..So you need to either swing the hub outwards from the shaft for access to the sensor or just remove it completely and put it in a vice and that will make it easier for you getting the sensor out.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
Any suggestion how to take out the right sensor out since it's seized? Last time i payed the garage to do it almost as much as i payed for the left sensor. This time if i want to replace the right one i will pay double for the garage work...
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:28am
Replace the right sensor and go from there.

If you lift the wheels and knock it out of gear (car on stands) you'll be able to spin the wheels which will also spin the shaft/cv joint etc to check them.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:23am
I checked this but it's very hard to see the ring, i only see a few teeth at the time, they looked corroded but in one piece.

Anyway now i read the ABS codes again and it reports errors 21 and 25 which suggests both open circuits for left and right sensor...However ABS is working fine but still glitching up and sometimes turning on randomly.

I can try to replace the right sensor now but it confuses me why it's still giving a code for the left one as well. How would you proceed?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:24pm
Jack the car up and turn the steering lock..So looking sideways on..
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 2:08pm
Best visual inspection of the ring is from underneath, right?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 12:53pm
If the ring looks ok ie no missing teeth,damaged teeth etc,then it should be ok.You could replace it still if you wanted but it means taking the shaft out of the hub end as already said but you would not have to drain the gearbox oil though as long as you don't pull the shaft from the box which is should not be possible anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>