Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD ABS sensor issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:10pm
Really sorry about spamming. Seems the problem is sorted, for now. The ebay sensor i installed is actually working fine i think. And the problematic one was now the right sensor which i haven't touched.

I think because i haven't used ABS for over a year, it got stuck or something, so i re-connected it and took the car for a drive. The ABS light went off and it started working!

The first time it worked it was awful, horrible noise and very bad breaking. But already the second time it was working as it should.

I tested it 5-6 times and it was good.

So now we will see how it will react. I expect to get the old problem with it. And that one was - no ABS light but ABS would start working in completely unnecessary situations.

Time will tell.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:32pm
Think you will find that the ABS light will come back on,you have a faulty cable going to the sensor. Another sensor is needed really..
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:46pm
I doubt it, but if it's the case, time will tell. Never had the ABS light before so why would it have a faulty cable.

I'm more worried about the ABS rings, i might get new ones since they are inexpensive but i don't know how to change them and if the labor for it is extensive?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 6:57pm
You'll just proven you have a bad cable by making the abs come on during lock and that's why you got open circuit fault.100% sensor needed👍
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Until i reconnected it. No ABS light afterwards. Until now at least. I'm not saying you're wrong but nothing's 100% :) Give it a couple of days and we'll see.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
Could even be weeks but it'll come back on,I've had same issues before with them hence how I know.

As for the rings,just tap them off the cv joint but that would mean removing the shaft from the hub.Which in that case if you havnt already,fit a new driveshaft,comes with new cv joints and ring...Here in uk we can get them for £27 delivered.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:59pm
Where i live the driveshaft is closer to 200 pounds.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:00pm
I never removed the shaft from the hub, don't really have the tools for it. 32mm bolt? Any Primera specific instructions?
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
So the ABS light is not lit, but the ABS continued with the same issue as 1 year ago before i broke the sensor. Sometimes it kicks in without any need. I have cleared the computer for codes to see if i will get any new ones, but no, nothing is recorded. So now everything looks fine but it's not. I will try to clean the rings again with a different method (by jacking up the car) over the weekend.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:39pm
Cable.Sensor needed.When I had a bad cable it did the same thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>