Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera p11-144 flasher relay location?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera p11-144 flasher relay location?
    Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 10:43am
Hello guys

I am trying to locate my flasher relay because i would like to switch it out with my new LED flasher relay. Problem is i can't seem to locate it, and the clicking sound when the turn signal is on is coming from behind the dashboard i think?

Anyone know where exactly the relay is located?

Thanks in advance!
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
It's behind the dash,to the left of the steering wheel(uk).It will say flasher unit relay on it.
neviva8 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:46am
Thanks for the answer, then its as i feared... Theres no easy way to get to it, do i really need to go through the process of removing the dash? Its just that its all easy enough until i need to remove the dash because no matter how low i move the steeeing wheel it just gets stuck and i need to force it out
Treef View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 10:34am
On the P11-144 the flashers are controlled by the Time Control Unit, this controls lots of other things as well.
The TCU has the following control functions.
Item Details of control
Direction indicators Switches the director indicators (Left, Right or All) when the combination switch or
hazard switch is operated.
Trailer direction indicator buzzer Sounds a buzzer during direction indicator operation when towing a trailer.
Light warning buzzer Sounds warning buzzer when driver’s door is opened with light switch in the 1st or
2nd position and ignition switch “OFF”.
Ignition key warning buzzer Sounds warning buzzer when driver’s door is opened with key in ignition and the
driver door lock knob is moved from the “unlock” position to the “lock” position.
Rear window defogger timer Turn off rear window defogger and door mirror heater, if equipped, about 15 minutes
after the rear window defogger switch is turned “ON”.
Battery saver
Shuts off interior lamp in 30 minutes if any door is left open when ignition switch is
“OFF”. The battery saver will reset if ignition switch is cycled or any door is opened
or closed.
Interior lamp timer
Keep interior lamp illuminated for about 30 seconds when:
driver’s door is unlocked,
the ignition is switched off,
driver’s door is opened and then closed.
The timer is cancelled, and interior lamp turns off when:
driver’s door is locked, or
ignition switch is turned “ON”.
Theft warning
system
Normal operation
Monitors doors, hood, boot lid, door locks, volumetric sensors (if not excluded), igni
tion and glass break sensors (wagon) when armed.
Flashes the direction indicators and sounds the horn for 30 seconds in case one of
the monitored sensors is triggered.
Diagnostic mode Indicates the last three alarm triggers by flashing the direction indicators.
Central door lock Centrally locks and unlocks the vehicle
Super lock Activates and de-activates the super lock system.

Post Reply Post Reply