Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 2.0TD oil spils

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:21pm
I've never used the stuff before so I don't know which is best,do a bit of looking up about them to see
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 10:24pm
Every time i change engine oil i need to add another bottle of this stuff? If i find it effective.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 10:37am
Wynns Stop Leak (lots of reviews on Amazon UK)
STP Engine Stop Leak
Add to new, warm oil. Use when you have leaks.

STP High Mileage Oil Treatment + Stop Leak
Add at every oil change.

I have never used them but both are known Brands
All 3 under 10Euro
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:58am
I've purchased Wynns Stop Leakas as it was the cheapest for me (shipping plays a big part of the price). I will add it to 6 moths old oil as i have no plans on changing it for next few months, i hope it will be fine.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:00am
I only did 2700km on this oil in last 6 months, i was driving my bycicle a lot :)
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by p11primeragt p11primeragt wrote:

You mean the rocker cover gasket.By all means try the leak stop as suggested it may help but if the seals are too perished it won't make any difference.

Originally posted by Astral07 Astral07 wrote:

I found it as valve cover gasket. Should mean the same thing.

Any make or brand to consider for the leak stop?

My damn Rocker/ valve gasket leaked and was hard to stop- had if off about 3-4 times and gummed it all up with gasket seal/ RTV sealant. Seemed to keep leaking thought, whatever I did.
Leaked from one side only-was only abit but still annoying and overtime a little oil becomes more and more and also makes the engine harder to work on etc.

Think I finally have got it sealed now or at least very close to leak free.
Not sure why it would not seal, but I would guess the rubber gasket may have shrunk abit or something. Was abit odd because the gasket actually looked in not too bad condition.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 7:50am
I will buy a new gasket, put that on + i have ordered RTV silicone and i will try to seal it up over the gasket as you say. After that i will also add stop leak and if that doesn't help, nothing else i can do but to add some oil every now and then.

It helps that my mileage is really low these days so these problems take much longer to become bigger ones. I hope it will last me at least this one year.
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Astral07 Astral07 wrote:

I will buy a new gasket, put that on + i have ordered RTV silicone and i will try to seal it up over the gasket as you say. After that i will also add stop leak and if that doesn't help, nothing else i can do but to add some oil every now and then.

It helps that my mileage is really low these days so these problems take much longer to become bigger ones. I hope it will last me at least this one year.

Yes- or you could just inspect the old gasket (around the point it appears to leak mainly), take it off and try to seal that with RTV. Also pay attention to retightening screws/ bolts. Mine seems to have finally stopped leaking I think but I did have to make the bolts pretty tight in the leaking area....

Think if put alot of RTV on when I first tried to seal it then I may have done it quicker- Probably did it 3-4 times but may not have used very good sealant in these attempts or not enough of it. My gasket must be pretty old also but seem to have finally sealed it with the RTV.
I guess doing 1 leak is easier than 4 but if you seal the rocker cover then it is one less leak and then maybe you could try another and see how it goes. Sometimes certain problems may not be as bad as they seem- depends... (there again sometimes they are worse than they seem!)Shocked
Good luck with it!
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 7:34am
Thanks for the input. You're right, i was thinking of checking out the old gasket first. I can always buy a new one. The old gasket was changed about 5years ago so it should still be in good condition, but leaking...we'll see. I will also inspect the cover and contact point if it's bent or uneven. I could try to flatten it out.

Other leaking point will be much harder to reach but the cover is very greasy so i suspect at least 70% of leaks are coming from there.
Astral07 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astral07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 7:52am
Local store has 3 types of gaskets which is a bit strange. Do you know which one i would need?

My guess is no 1.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>