Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK, so here we go.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK, so here we go.
    Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:30pm
Er ... will this work...
Hello everyone - is there anybody out there?
Just joined this forum. 
Yes, I'm a Pink Floyd fan.
I have a p11 (I think) from 1999 new. 
I know , I've waited 18years!!!
It's a 2.0 SE Automatic.
Nordic Blue colour.
OK - that's about all I know about cars!
Dunno much about forums either.
Mileage 130,000 - is that good?
Based in UK - and old !
Car goes well but bit too much play on steering wheel and brakes could be better.
In cold starts OK but revs right down low and sounds like it's going to conk out but hasn't yet.
I know SFA about cars ... I guess that was obvious already.
Am I front wheel or rear wheel drive?
What's best on ice?
Tried the ice button today but dunno what it does - anybody???
Bye for now - see what happens.

Doug
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:46pm
Hey Doug and a big welcome to NPOC :)

Your first post worked out fine.

The ice button on the auto box, means the car will pull away in 2nd gear effectively - This means more slowly and less revs and less chance of spinning the wheels in icy / slippy conditions.

I had the same P11 2.0 auto and when we had snow a few years back, I was one of the few cars still moving.

You have a FWD car.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Hi Doug, welcome to the forums.

Had your Primera for 18 years man, that's impressive. We love a Nordic around here, such an amazing colour.

You bought a Nordic P11, you know enough about cars Thumbs Up
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 12:41pm
Afternoon and welcome . Doesn't matter here if you know loads or know nothing at all , I've been here since 2004 and still useless with most of the engine repairs , there is always someone to answer questions , help you out or even pop over and actually give you a hand repairing it . You wont go wrong with a P11 , Ive newer cars in the household and still will grab the keys to my car over newer car 
RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 1:11pm
Welcome to the club, Doug Thumbs Up  There is always someone around to offer some help so don't be afraid to ask - "Shine on you crazy diamond"! Clap

Post Reply Post Reply