Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2006 suction control valve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:26pm
Good news it's not the cam chain then.

You may find once the pump is cool again it runs better. Classic sign of a faulty fuel pump.

terryfoxpoint View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryfoxpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm
Any other devices between the fuelpump (in the fueltank) and the engine that could cause the stutter?

Terry
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryfoxpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm
How about disconnecting the battery while I change the fuel pump,any problems with that,..radio code,GPS etc?

Terry
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm
Only the fuel filter.Change that also.Yes before going into the tank remove the fuel pressure by taking out the fuel pump fuse and then crank the engine over till it stalls.Also remove the fuel filler cap.Disconnecting the battery always a good idea.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryfoxpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
I thought the fuel filter was inside the fuel pump assembly.So there is a fuel filter somewhere along the tubes to the engine? I have googled that,and cant find any other answers that the fuel filter is inside the fuel assembly that is inside the fuel tank.

Terry
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:57pm
Just the one built in the pump/sender unit.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryfoxpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 10:12pm
So if I change the whole fuel pump assembly unit,the one that is lowered into the fuel tank,theres no more filters to be changed? ( I got a full fuel pump assembly as a spare one)

Terry
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:13am
Correct
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terryfoxpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:57am
I just want to thank you, (p11primeragt), for your advice.I just changed the pump/sender unit and all seems to work fine.I reset the error code,and the engine warning light never came on again,so I hope this solved the problem.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:36am
Excellent 👍
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>