Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 - Water in Footwell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
alvin_roy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin_roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 - Water in Footwell
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:55am
Hi all!!

Problem has been resolved.
Had the car checked by the garage and it turned out that water was leaking into the driver side carpet because of the rusted area through which rain water drains. This is underneath the black cover where the wipers are.

Had to remove the entire dashboard for complete repairs but since this has been fixed and no water problem anymore!!

LOL
Alvin Roy
nissanp11sr20de View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nissanp11sr20de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:27am
Do you use your heater a lot, check the console radiator pipes and radiator heater under dash for leaks but this would also show antifreeze colour.
alvin_roy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin_roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
Thanks for the advise.
I will have the car checked by the garage and inform.

Thanks.
Alvin Roy
Doug39 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:46am
I once had damp in the passenger side footwell and did all the water tests, checking all the seals but it was still getting wet. If I remember correctly there was a leak in the heater box and the garage ran some radweld or similar through it and it solved the leak. 

It does sound a big coincidence that yours started within short time of having a new windshield though.
Doug
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:37pm
Ok Haha.I would take off the scuttle panel and investigate what's going on in there,give it a good clean out and make sure the clips are not leaking by doing some water tests and seeing/listening if anything comes into the cabin.Sometimes they tend to leak in places when parked on inclines more.
alvin_roy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin_roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:08pm
Hi!

Thanks but there is no sunroof. Smile

Alvin Roy
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
Check back of the headliner first to make sure the sunroof drains are still connected,it's not unheard for them to come off from time to time.
alvin_roy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin_roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:45am
Dear NPOC,

Happy New Year 2018!!

I am getting a water leak issue in my P11-144.
It has been raining for some days and I have noticed that the driver's carpet got completely soaked with water.
Last year, the driver carpet and passenger carpet behind the driver got soaked and I thought that I had accidentally left the windows open.
This time however, the windows were closed properly, but the driver's carpet got soaked after driving in the rain.

Note that I got the front windshield replaced recently.
But I am not sure whether this is the issue and I sprayed water on the windshield as a test but the carpet did not get wet.

Any suggestions to help diagnose and solve this issue?

Thanks!!

Alvin Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply