Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 Cdi: Urgent Key Fob Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 Cdi: Urgent Key Fob Problem
    Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:06am
Hi,

I have inadvertently locked myself out of my Nissan Primera 2.2 cdi. On returning to the car, the key fob wouldn't unlock the doors.

I found the plastic cover on the passenger door handle, removed the plastic cover and managed to open the door. I crawled into the drivers seat, inserted the key in the ignition to start the car, but there was no life in it. No dashboard lights came on.

I had only left the car for a few hours, no lights were left on, so I don't think it's a flat battery.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Additional information:

I had parked in a small parking space with insufficient space to get out of the drivers side, so had climbed into the passenger seat to get out of the car inadvertently knocking the hazzard light button. I leant back into the car and pressed the button to switch teh hazzard lights off, shut the door and pressed the keyfob lock as I walked away from the car. I was late and don't remember if it locked it as usual, and now I can't unlock it again wonder if this has somehow confused teh key fob into not working?

I bopught the car second hand and only have the one key. Reading on here it sounds like there might now be some sort of brain problem with the fob which has immobilised the car?

I have had to leave the car, locked but away from home and URGENTLY need advice.

Can anyone please advise? I'm at my whit's end.

Many thanks.

imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:25pm
Sounds like a Dead Battery
Although normally when the Battery fails, you will get Dashboard Lights but no Engine Cranking.

Check the Battery Earth Straps.

Do the Hazards still work?
My only other thought is the Ignition Switch. Not aware of this being a common fault though.

Not unlocking with the Buttons on the Key would not stop it from Starting.
The unlocking System is not the same as the Immobiliser.
The Immobiliser is a small chip inside the Key. Any problems with this and you would get a Key (NATS) Error on the Dash.
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake

Not good.

Very unusual to have a complete dead battery, you would normally not be able to crank the engine but all accessories and ancillaries should be working, a rapid clicking should be heard from the solenoid. sounds like the main battery leads or somehow you have completely drained it.
KGO View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
Thanks for your replies!
Embarrassed, but I took my partner out to the car with a set of jump leads and found it was indeed a flat battery, and I had, indeed left the bl***y lights on.
Started fine after a few attempts!
Very relieved not an expensive repair job!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:53pm
Pleased it was simple and you have sorted it, you must have ignored the lights on warn beep for some reason
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm
Good to hear it was nothing serious.Thumbs Up

The Warning Buzzer sometimes get removed. 
The Car can go into 'Towing Mode' and Beep every time you indicate.

Post Reply Post Reply