Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2.2 Dci Coolant Air Relief Plug
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 Dci Coolant Air Relief Plug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ridgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2 Dci Coolant Air Relief Plug
    Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 5:26pm
Hello everyone. I am trying to locate the Coolant Air Relief Plug on my YD22DDti engine. 

I already have access to the ESM, however the diagram is unclear and does not match what I see in my engine bay. 
The ESM shows that its next to the EGR Valve. However there does not seem to be anything related to the coolant circuit in that area.

I found the drain plug, which again was not exactly where the ESM indicated. 

Can someone kindly advise. Thank you.
Dont lean on it like a Monkey Boy!- Delboy
vexas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:23am
Hi, air relief plug is next to egr, on the upper right corner of the engine. On my car it's a screw with a yellow sticker behind him. 

vexas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:38am
Maybe you or someone can explain where to find engine coolant drain plug? Is it behind the alternator and I have to remove it to access it?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:02am
Hi and welcome to your first post, it looks as if you have been around for a while.

Just a thing about this thread, I must have missed the original posting, the thread title is for the DCi, the thread mentions the Dti, but I think it is clear that his engine is the DCi, they are different.

There is no air bleed valve on the DCi and the refilling procedure is also different.

The Coolant drain plug on the other hand is common to both, located adjacent to the alternator, I have not done this but according to the ESM for the DCi it is accessed by removing the reservoir tank
vexas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:49am
OK, sorry I didn't know that they are so different. 
So maybe you can help me. I tryied to drain the coolant, but only got about 5-6l, where should be almost 9.6l. Removing reservoir doesn't help, I still can't access drain plug. Maybe there some kind easier way, than removing alternator?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
Like I said , I have not done this, hopefully someone will be along who has and can add some advice. There is not much room in there for any job!
vexas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 8:26am
So nobody have no good ideas ? Maybe if I take out thermostat, it would let all coolant out?
 Post Reply Post Reply