Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 DDTI struggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaopenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2.2 DDTI struggle
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:11am
Hi Guys, yesterday I have pushed my car and when I switching between 4 -> 5 gear at 4000/4500 rpm more or less, when I switch to 5ª gear my car getting struggle. 
It was need release and push pedal to get acceleration again and not passing more then 170km/h.
One thing I noticed was that even with the pedal pushed, the on-board computer had lower instant fuel consumption.
Anyone knows something about that?

I already replace CO2 valve, all filters and continue.

Best Regards,
João Penas
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm
Sounds like limp mode due to overboosting the turbo, do you have the engine management light on?
joaopenas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaopenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:03am
Hello Timeshock, sorry the delay Tongue

I' back because we already don't know whats is this problem.
Yesterday we connect the car at the machine to see if exist any problem, and no exist.

Answering your question, I don't have EML ON.
What is the limp mode like you said?
How we can check if is that or not?

Best Regards
Joao Penas 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:49pm
Hi, I am just struggling with your post a bit, when I replied earlier I though you were implying that you could not get those revs any longer with corresponding speed decrease. Re- reading you are still getting 170km/hr (why are your doing those speeds?) and revs are still getting up to 4500, is that correct?
What are you expecting or what do you normally get? is this a manual or auto transmission? it is 6 speed?
joaopenas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaopenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:01pm
Hello,

Forget the speed I mentioned.
The car have 6speeds/ manual transmission.

I feel my car lost power.
Basically, when I press pedal hard, I feel that my car are getting speed slowly and sometimes, I feel that car is getting hiccups.
Those hiccups happens fequently in 5 gear between the 4000-4500 rotations.

I haven't any error on ECU, atleast in program we use.
I never got read/reset ecu using the procedure there are in forum.

Best Regards
João Penas

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:02pm
Try looking for a leak on the turbo hoses, check the main battery earths to the transmission and chassis ensuring good solid connections with no breaks
joaopenas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaopenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 9:57am
Hello timeshock,

We already saw everything you said above, it's fine.

Now the problem is huge!
Now when I increase the accelaration, the car are getting strugling, and sometimes I need release and push again the pedal to get normal.
Also, somethimes the car goes down.
Seems that are missing fuel.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 1:20pm
It could be your SCV.  Suction Control Valve. I had the same syptoms on mine until one day it would not start. Ouch
Roy
joaopenas View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joaopenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:42pm
Hello Roy.2,

How I can check it if is the SCV or not?
My engine have just one SCV?

Best regards
João Penas

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 5:00pm
If you can get the pump reset procedure to work it may help and even get a code out. By your engine description it sounds like you have the low pressure turbo version in which case you have two SVCs, the 2.2 DCi has only one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>