Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera 2003 p12 2.2 dci, limp mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:10pm
For re-coding ring around a few Nissan dealers for a quote they all charge different rates.

SVC for a DCi ebay, the TDi have two (red and Green) so don't get confused
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
right then peeps have a new problem come up,

i changed scv with one bought of ebay after ringing round all the local nissan dealers who quoted £200 plus for valve.
reset the pump with the pedal routine, took it for 30 mile run whilst keeping the revs above 1000, car has run great for the last 70 miles, my partner broke down earlier today in it, she said the car keep cutting out and it wouldnt go above 20mph.

once she got it home i put my code reader on and have the following two codes come up
p1272 and p0628,

would these be caused by the new scv valve?
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:45pm
The short answer is yes, but not the new part, the two codes you have are counter to each other, one indicating too high a fuel pressure, the other is too low a pressure, this would indicate incorrect electrical connection to the SVC, perhaps a loose connector, it has come off or the wiring damaged during installation
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
is it ok for me to put the link to the scv i bought just to make sure it is the right one? 
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:53pm
PM me the link I will have a look.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
yeah that's the right one, seems cheaper than most, did you fit it of did you get the garage to do it?

Get the electrical connection checked, hopefully it will be a simple fix
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:52pm
i fitted it, easy enough to do once bottom of screen is cleared of scuttle and wiper mechanism, its tight for fitting allen key tools in. i did the peddle reset then went straight out for 30 mile run with revs kept high.
ill have another look once is stops pissing it down.

this is why i love pre ecu vehicles, no computers to have a fit and shut you down
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:55pm
timeshock thanks for the help,
turned out the locking nub on new scv was to big for plug to lock onto so it had come loose. car is running sweet as a nut now
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:18pm
Cracking newsThumbs Up
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:13am
+1 to that :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12