Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2003 1.8 - O2 Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Orchid70 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orchid70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2003 1.8 - O2 Sensor
    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 7:03pm
Is not the P0420 fault code for the catalytic  converter?
absniper66 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
OK, thanks , I shall find out what was fitted.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:13pm
NTK
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:07pm
Sorry no idea. Cry

I have read comments about the quality of certain sensors, which ones would people recommend?
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 8:05pm
What brand of sensor was it?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absniper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:55pm
Hi All

I recently asked about a issued on my Primera with the P0420 code for O2 sensor Bank 1 
It was replaced in Jan after the EML came on and the system showed the O2 sensor bank 1 not working correctly. Car ran fine until last week when the EML came on, same error code. Reset the system, ran fine for a couple of days, EML back on.

Initial tests after the system was reset indicated no issues, fuel consumption is fine etc. So is it possible that a electrical contact / wire fault is tripping the system and causing the EML light to come on. I know it was suggested that the O2 Sensor Bank 2 should be swapped/checked but as the same code seems to be coming back it would point to something connected to the O2 sensor bank 1.

Fuel consumption and Car running fine still.

Car back in the workshop next week, but as always I welcome the views of the collective.
I did wonder if all this cold / wet weather we have had this year has not helped. It is the first Winter the car has not been in a Garage.

Post Reply Post Reply