Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P12 2005 2.0 Est  Splutter/surge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 2005 2.0 Est Splutter/surge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 2005 2.0 Est Splutter/surge
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:58pm
I had to recover my car at the weekend over 400 miles from Scotland. The issue was strange - namely the car started struggling whenever I slightly took the foot off the accelerator. I had to recover by pushing my foot down fairly hard which caused a bit of a surge. The thought of travelling 400 miles like that seemed too much of a risk. The Green Flag guy was unable to diagnose the fault (although he said it wasn't the fuel pump or clutch!) although an exhaust Lambda sensor had caused an engine light to come on. Don't know if that was related.

The really strange thing is that since the car came back and I have been out on two journeys she has been absolutely fine. My mechanic is not back until next week. Any thoughts from anyone will be gratefully received!
MAJOS View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJOS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:37pm
Just to make sure, you could check the crankshaft position sensor ? could be as simple as that. Have a similar model (2004), started having similar difficulty (jerky acceleration and spurrious misfire which would clear after a spell) which eventually progressed to simply not starting at all. Two starter motors over winter,  to the point I was about to scrap it  .With warmer weather it seems much better though.
RobC View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Thanks MAJOS. Can you clarify - was it the case you realised it was the crankshaft position sensor only after putting the two new starter motors?
d60_tag View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d60_tag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:15pm
Maybe MAF- often MAF problems reveal them selves when slowing down (taking foot off throttle), sort of stuttering/stalling almost.
Had this on my P11- MAF was really quite dirty/ deposited- cleaned it (easy on P11) but not sure of MAF type on P12, maybe 'film type MAF', which can be harder and riskier to clean. Anyway- once cleaned on P11, issues disappeared and has ran good since.
 Post Reply Post Reply