Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechunkyblackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 01 May 2018 at 8:50pm
Joined this afternoon. Put a post on. Didnt't read the rules and my post was removed, presumably because i asked more than 1 question? Bit severe and not friendly. Rules are rules i guess but now i feel rather unwanted. Had a reply but that has disappeared also. So i'll enjoy my new primera all by myself.
**See Admin** View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **See Admin** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:34pm
I think you had your phone number on view ? I'm sure one of the admin team can tell you why. Please don t let that put you off , we are a wealth of information here
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by naughtynorm naughtynorm wrote:

I think you had your phone number on view ? I'm sure one of the admin team can tell you why. Please don t let that put you off , we are a wealth of information here

nah..wrong again...the post was deemed to be fishing for parts, as you know there is strictly no trading outside the trading areas ...and anything that shows signs of that will be removed..its all there in the rules..
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
Janner View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Kerbalicious

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:45am
I've been a member for 10 + years. I remember I nearly got banned in my first week on npoc because I didn't read the rules and kept asking the wrong questions in the wrong sections. We run a tight ship here because it keeps things in order and helps when searching for information. :)
TheStigP11GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheStigP11GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:29am
Been a member for 15 years or so and had my wrist slapped a few times too, still an amazing community, the tight ship makes it a good community. 
---Current Cars---
Primera GT - SR20VE.N1 / Qashqai 1.5 N-Tec K9K / Pulsar 1.5 N-Tec K9K
http://www.neovvl.com
thechunkyblackcat View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechunkyblackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:31pm
Yes, i did put my phone number on there and yes, i asked for a bit of primera and some advice. Put the thread on not realising there were lots of rules etc. Might have been nicer to have a message telling me where i'd gone wrong rather than just removing the post. All its succeeded in doing is alienating a new member rather than welcoming them.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:46pm
Welcome Again (I replied to your post Yesterday - Suspect the non-Return Valve)

Don't let it put you off. Great info and help available on here.
Very friendly place.

Start all posts in General Section with Nissan Primera P11 and no Trading are the main ones to remember.

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechunkyblackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:07pm
Thanks imckay. I'll try not to sin again. Not a good start though. Maybe i should have got that lovely bmw from the nice man in the baseball cap instead?
Stevie-Boy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Legend Elite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie-Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:31pm
Welcome to the club. Sorry you didn't enjoy the start but hopefully you will feel the love soon.

I know speaking for myself, back in the day, we used to be more like a warm soft cuddle, I'd spend time writing happy but apologetic messages to new members instructing why I'd removed their thread. I'm sorry to say in many cases I'd receive a mouthful of abuse about being a nazi or similar and over time, that got a little tedious and we moved to just doing the necessary.

As mentioned above, I can see the thread was removed because of the requesting of parts, which is not permitted in this section, rather than asking questions or anything like that. We do have to be strict about this because we can't have one rule for one and not for another.

That's done now anyway so I hope you enjoy the forums and can find all the information you need about your new car. We're a jolly bunch here and you sir are very welcome Thumbs Up.
2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Member of the Month: Jan 2014
ex P11 Si, P11 GT, P11-144 Sport+, P11 GT Turbo, P11-144 Wagon, Subaru Legacy B4 RSK, 350z, Type R
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechunkyblackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:22pm
Thank you.feeling more loved now.shame i can't access several of the sections of the forum - these are for paying premium members, right? How do i attach pics of my new ride?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>