Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primerea p12 handbrake adjuster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primerea p12 handbrake adjuster
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:09am
Good morning all
I need to get at the handbrake adjuster inside the car, can some one tell me how to remove the console without demolishing it ?
Thank you in advance
i know very little about a lot
Electrolyte View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electrolyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:33pm
From my experience the handbrake never needs adjusting, the handle should sit just a little below the halfway travel with a gentle pull on. The rear callipers when working properly should take up the adjustment.  
If in doubt give it a clout!
windum View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:04pm
My drive slopes appreciably and I have to yank the P12 h/brake on hard to have any confidence that the cars not going demolish the house in the night.
wINDUM
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by windum windum wrote:

My drive slopes appreciably and I have to yank the P12 h/brake on hard to have any confidence that the cars not going demolish the house in the night.
It is the same issue, sticking callipers. I had this until I replaced the calliper. nevertheless I always park in gear
nigelf View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nigelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm
The electronic manual explains how to adjust the handbrake ( section pb.pdf)and how to remove the console (ip.pdf)... However, for the console it shows a number of "cap with screws" but my 2004 model doesn't appear to have any as the surface is smooth. 

Anyone got any hints?
 Post Reply Post Reply