Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi all thanks for the add

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi all thanks for the add
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 6:24pm
We have recently purchased a Nissan Primera 2003 1.8 petrolCry

and appear to have a slight issue apart from every now and then the secure coming up on the stereo, since the battery went flat

The issue is when driving and signalling left the car hesitates every time the indicator flashes that alng with the reversing camera coming on when I brake, so my thoughts are earth issue, or something else.

The stereo doesnt always communicate with the nats system which I ok with, so has anyone had this happen to them and what cured it.
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:34pm
Welcome to NPOC,

The Hesitation and Camera coming on is a common fault.

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:40pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
signalling issue is a well documented fault and fix and you will be pleased it is quick and cheap to do.

First check you have no faulty bulbs, change if necessary. if no go then:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/p12-rear-light-removal-now-with-simple-earth-fix_topic16533.html

the secure depends on the colour of the message, I suspect green, if it is you can remove the cowl from the steering to get to the ignition barrel, one screw removes the NATS antennae (a ring around the ignition barrel, remove clean out rubbish and refitThumbs Up

Capps View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:05pm

Thank you for the replies I will get the other half to look at both of the remedies suggested,

And post back once he has done it to let you know if they worked.

Capps View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:20pm
Hello is it states two pieces of wire so does this have to be done on both NS and OS.

Thank you very much

timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 6:59pm
You can do them both it is simple enough I just did the offside and never had another issue
Capps View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:34pm
Thanks he will do nearside first and see if it fixs the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply