Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 rear suspension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickC45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 rear suspension
    Posted: 22 May 2018 at 8:41pm
I have this knocking/chatter in the vicinity of the rear left suspension. Its been on the ramp. Fitted new roll bar rubbers and links. My son is MOT tester and has done all the usual checks and nothing is hanging off or has any major movement. There is  slight  movement in the front bush of the radius rod.  I took out the rear speaker and checked the strut mount today. Bounced the car no movement or knocking. My  instinct is to rip all the bushes out and renew the lot. The problem is terminology of the parts. There is not one mention of 'radius rod' in relation to bushes advertised.  However it is clearly stated thus in the Haynes manual on the parts drawing. Once I can establish whats what I can buy the bits or someone can tell me what to order. I would post a pic here but cant seem to.

Dying aint much of a living
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 2:02am
Originally posted by MickC45 MickC45 wrote:

There is not one mention of 'radius rod' in relation to bushes advertised.  .

methinks we call them anti-roll bar drop links over here pardner .... Wink

is it a loon or a hunchback ?

COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

MickC45 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickC45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 7:21am
Yes well thats what we olduns used to call the anti roll bar link which I have changed along with the roll bar mounting rubbers.
 The system is the Pase 1 and 2 type with central mount frame and 4 parallel linking arms. I wish it was the solid axle type like phase 3. I can email a drawing if someone PMs me
prim-n-proper View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest
Tick Tock Tick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prim-n-proper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by MickC45 MickC45 wrote:

The system is the Pase 1 and 2 type with central mount frame and 4 parallel linking arms. I wish it was the solid axle type like phase 3. I can email a drawing if someone PMs me

really ? Shocked you would prefer a beam axle like the P11 instead of the IRS of the P10 ?  you need a check up from the neck up lol.

COTM: MAY 2006 P11 GT
COTM: MAY 2009 P11 SLX+
COTM: AUG 2012 P11 WAGON
LAST EVER COTM: NOV 2013 P10 eGT

Your "other car" might be newer, but it don't make it better than a P chassis.*PNP17*

RS Tom-Hundred View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Condiment King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RS Tom-Hundred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 1:19pm
LOL

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 8:12pm
The rear beam isn't as bad as people make out tbh.
MickC45 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickC45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:05pm
Ive had loadsa cars with beam axles. This indyspension is a pain in the butt for parts. Im waiting on replies from several sources at he moment
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Yeah it's like the ONLY part I haven't had to touch on my p11 tbh.

MickC45 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickC45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 5:36am
MickC45 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MickC45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 5:38am
The whole lot £255 from 'HardRace' I only want the the two small ones and they wont split them..Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply