Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11-144 intermittent wiper relay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11-144 intermittent wiper relay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almalaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11-144 intermittent wiper relay
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:29pm
My intermittent front wipers don't park at the bottom of the windscreen but instead randomly stop all over the place and I have to switch into continuous mode to park them. 
Most people suggest cleaning connections on the intermittent wiper relay.
I've been looking all around the wiper motor but for the life of me I can't find any relay there. According to other posts, it's inside the motor and the way to go is cleaning connections inside or replacing the wiper motor. I would give a go at cleaning the motor but I can't replace rivets.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the most sensible way of troubleshooting this?

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 12:35am
You can use self tapping screws for the motor once you have drilled out the rivets I've done that before.

Or just replace the motor which is easier and quicker.

The relay (located near by the right side strut tower which is on the bracket that's held by 1 x 10mm and it has one connecter)is only on the early p11 models afaik.Not sure about the 144's though that could be a different story.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:20am
almalaci View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almalaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 7:27am
Thanks both of you for the quick replies,

essNchill: Thanks for the link. It gives a good idea as to how it all works. I drilled out one of the rivets to see if this job is for me. 
p11primeragt: I think you are right, the relay switch is not on the P11-144. I've taken off the motor but decided that drilling out the rivets and finding the right screws to replace them, etc is too much of a hassle, so I'll try a new motor instead. 

I'll let you know how I got on.

Post Reply Post Reply