Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Primera P11-144 Radio Change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northstand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Primera P11-144 Radio Change
    Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 1:22pm
Hi All

I am confused after reading the "How To" section on P11-144 Stereo Fascia and Hazard Switch and also the link to http://pgunner.tripod.com/. I have a fascia plate and hazard switch ex P11 and Phil's guide states that the brown wiring block ex P11-144 and can be fitted direct to the P11 hazard switch with no problems. But the How To states that you need the white wiring block ex P11.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Many thanks for your help, positive or negative Smile

Regards
Dave
primreble View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primreble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 12:06am
 You need to buy a p11 144 conversion kit with hazard switch included a normal  p11 facia  will not fit
I bought mine from a club member just fitted in hope this helps.
Must say they are hard to find best of luck.
If its not a prim dont buy it
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:06am
You can fit the P11 Hazard Switch into the P11-144.

You either need the Female Socket (chopped off from the P11 Loom) and then wire int

Or I am pretty sure that the only thing stopping the P11 Hazard Switch into the Female P11-144 Socket is the 'Fins' on the Sides of the P11-144 Socket on the Left below

Dremel/Cut these off and am pretty sure the P11 Switch will plug in.

Original Topic on this http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-p11-144-stereo-fascia-adapter-plate_topic29817_post421471.html

If you have a Pre-2001, the P11 Hazard may plug straight in.
northstand View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northstand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 6:20pm
Thanks to you both. I already had a fascia plate and hazard switch, and the suggestion to shave off the fins from the existing wiring block worked a treat.
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply