Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 SR20de auto vibration and whine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 SR20de auto vibration and whine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote affl1cted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 SR20de auto vibration and whine
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:28pm
Hi all,

Ive gotten my hands on my first P11, more or less swapping my old cars issues for this ones.

The issue i'm having is a vibration when warm and accelerating, shuddering between 2000-3000 rpm. And a road speed relative high pitched whine on deceleration (present if in any gear 1/2/D or neutral.

I also cant seem to locate the automatic filler hole and im unsure of how to read the gearbox dip stick properly as the film of fluid is thin and appears to be lightly coating the while dipstick.

Its booked in to be looked over next week though im wondering if its used/burnt all its atf off.
Nissan p11 144 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:17am
Hi.. did you fix your problems? Mine with cvt, are doing the exact same things😅🙈
Can't figure out the vibrations "center".
Though i found a trick with the cvt Oil.. Also had same issue there😂 You Can light with your cell or powerfull flashlight on the dipstick- Then it is pretty easy and clear to see the mount of contains.. the cvt Oil should just be filled through the dipstick hole.. hope it make sense?
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 3:41pm
Undo and clean the sensors in the cvt gearbox, even with a cleaning they use to work much better.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 6:25pm
Which sensors? Haven't heard about sensor In the cvt box.. my local mecanic is suspecting the conveter.. if he is right- i deal with the vibrations😅😂
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm
Cvt box requires proper fluid change or damage will occur. Whe. Was the fluid last changed

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:39pm
2 month ago..
maybe not even bad Oil- but to too Much Oil was apparently our problem with the cvt.. it went too hot a warm day on the freeway..
no issues since- except the vibration, that we Can't locate
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:51pm
what speed are you getting the vibration?

NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nissan p11 144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:55pm
Worst around 50km/t
Else 1500 to 3000 rpm i Think.. at 100km/t and 2000rpm steady cruising- there is nothing similar- Totally smooth
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:43am
I dont own a cvt primera but cleaning two bolted on sensors,I dont know their function, my friend's car improved a lot.

More people here in spain cleaned them with the same results, smoother changes and function with only cleaning.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:23am
Originally posted by Nissan p11 144 Nissan p11 144 wrote:

Worst around 50km/t
Else 1500 to 3000 rpm i Think.. at 100km/t and 2000rpm steady cruising- there is nothing similar- Totally smooth
is it during acceleration or maintaining speed or does it not matter? 
Have you tried putting it into neutral and coasting to see if it's still there? 

100km/h is roughly the right speed for a vibration from a wheel being out of balance,  slight buckle or a deformed tyre. might be worth swapping wheels front to back and checking for any tyre damage.

When did the wine start was it just after the gearbox oil was changed? Was the correct recommended oil used when it was changed? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>