Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p12 2.2dci 2003 scv plug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p12 2.2dci 2003 scv plug
    Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
Hi guys, does anyone know where I can get the plug that goes onto the scv valve, the latch part of mine has snapped so every now and then it comes of the valve putting it into limp mode, I've asked at nissan and they will only sell me the engine bay loom. Is there anywhere I can get hold of just the plug itself
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 6:44pm
I suspect a breakers yard, you are going to need a soldering iron and heat shrink insulation. Can you not figure out an alternative way of fixing it. As it is knackered anyway and you are highly unlikely to need to change it can you not super glue it in. Is there any way to cable tie it?
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 8:24pm
Hi time shock, I have tried cable ties but they get brittle with the heat and break with the engine vibrations, I also tried gluing it in place but the rubber seal in the plug doesn't let it get a good grip,my latest construction is a jubilee clip around the valve body with some braided wire from an old motorcycle clutch cable threaded between the wires on plug and pulled tight with the clamp tightened up to lock it on. Getting quite sick of striping the scuttle and wiper mech each time it comes off
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 11:25pm
Hmm.... What about making a paper gasket or similar material for the female part of the socket to wedge it, it does sound a visit to a scrappy or someone breaking a P12 is the route.
chripsy View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chripsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:10am
Hi guys so to update problem with the car, replaced plug with salvage part, car ran fine for about 3 days, have replaced the scv valve with a denso valve, did reset now the car idles perfect but once under load you get about 100 meters until car stops with no power, switch of then back on get another 100 meters and so on. I have got an error code of P1273. Any ideas?
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply