Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan primera p11 2.0 auto distributor removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan primera p11 2.0 auto distributor removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thechunkyblackcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan primera p11 2.0 auto distributor removal
    Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:08pm
Advice please. Oil is leaking from under my distributor. I believe te o-ring may be to blame. Research shows distributors with 2x 12mm bolts holding the unit on. Mine looks different with 3x 12mm retaining bolts - 2 on top and 1 underneath. Is this correct? If i undo these, will the distributor just pull away and reveal the o-ring?
Thanks.
p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:28pm
Yes once the 12mm bolts are removed the distributor will pull away from the engine.You'll have to wiggle it a few times carefully as it's locked into the camshaft slot.

Before removing the distributor make an alignment mark using paint or scratch it so you put it back just like it came off.

The o ring is around £5 from Nissan and is likely to be the reason it's leaking although sometimes they can leak internally but that's nowhere as common.
 Post Reply Post Reply