Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P10 eGT - Oil Cooler Housing Leak
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P10 eGT - Oil Cooler Housing Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P10 eGT - Oil Cooler Housing Leak
    Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
Hello,

I've resurrected my P10 eGT that I've owned for quite a long time and been working through a list of faults - my latest issue is a drip from the oil cooler housing. It would appear the gasket has failed, but I'm having some difficulty locating the specific part. If anyone's had this issue before and can point me in the right direction or a part number, I would greatly appreciate it!

p11primeragt View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p11primeragt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 8:26pm
Welcome,

First off are you sure it's not the oil pressure sensor itself that threads into the cooler? It's fairly common for them to leak (been redesigned a couple of times over the years) If that's ok then it's likely to be the 2 o rings back of the cooler ,these are compression ones.
Hirst View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 10:32pm
Thanks for the reply! We've got it up on the ramp and the leak is coming from between the cooler and the housing. If there's rubber o-rings involved the leak would make sense as the car had been laid up for a long time.

I've been given this diagram but not 100% sure if it's right.

Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 6:23am
the part is different depending on the age but is adaptable. What i would try first if clean all the old crap off, Getting it as clean as possible then monitor it as there are several places on this that can leak.
oil filter (more common than you think)
Pressure switch as stated,
2 o rings (not so common) but can happen
big o ring (no3) but that is also not common (in fact quite rare)

If you want the correct part number i could looking it up on the nissan parts system but i would need you to PM me the vin number to be 100%

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
I wonder if that DE oil coolant circuit could be bolted on a DI...
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Ant-Dat View Drop Down
NPOC Legend
NPOC Legend
1998 Primera GT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant-Dat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:46pm
the oil cooler on a DE isn't just an adapter, It has a flat face the bolts to the block, if the DI has the same face then no reason it cant. 
But remember you will need to adapt the pipework for the coolant hoses

SB "he isn't human, he is a machine that never falter
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:51pm
Where the waterpipes take the coolant?
Janusz_GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janusz_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:53pm
I had the same, here you've got link with my photos with OEM number of sealants - but it's for P11GT, but i think that is the same. Also, you've photos of how i replaced them
https://nissanzone.pl/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12560&start=1860
Hirst View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hirst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:49pm
Thanks for all the help! We've cleaned it up and the leak is a slow drip coming from the bottom of where the bigger O-ring sits, so I've ordered the parts. Pressure switch and oil filter are OK. 

I checked and ordered the parts through a dealer and it's the same as Janusz_GT's P11. Mine is a late model (build date November 1995), so it makes sense.

If anyone needs the current numbers, they are:
21334-30F0A O RING
21304-JK20A RING O

Here's the actual car for interest, I've owned it for quite a few years now, but it was in long-term storage until recently. Looks nicer in the photos, but once I've finished sorting out the few mechanical issues I'll be taking it to the paint shop to get it properly finished off.

schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 9:02pm
Looking good!
 Post Reply Post Reply