Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polish 1995 P10 Primera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blantoromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polish 1995 P10 Primera
    Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:10am
Hi guys! I'm Bart, i live in Cracow and I just became a proud owner of 1995 P10 Primera 2.0 sedan.
I am old Jap enthusiast, who loves keis and generally - the weirder the better. I also own a G100 Daihatsu Charade and recently got rid of 1998 Daihatsu Cuore.
I bought this because I've always liked P10s, my uncle once had W10 Primera, which I wish I had (weirdly, his was SR20 wagon, which I can find no info about).
Last year my friend bought 1992 eGT hatch which did bring some memories (it's currently in never-ending process of restoration).
Mine is a prime example of what people needed in 1990s in Poland:
- Manual windows
- Manual mirrors
- No tachometer (clock in its place)
- Weird immobiliser system
- Working AC.

It looks mint from the outside, almost no visible rust spots on chassis, new sills, but two rusted out spots on the floor, hole in the 'pocket' under/on the side of boot floor. Not too much to worry, but I haven't checked 100% of underneath to be honest.
Engine works well, has power, doesn't smoke, but makes a lot of squeaks when revved - def need to change some belts etc.
It has 340 000kms on the clock - and you can tell it by interior condition. 90% of stuff that driver and passenger can touch is pretty worn, but still working well.
And finally the thing that made me buy it - suspension and drivetrain are mint! It drives effortlessly, accelerates and stops fine and all the pieces together still make it a decent ride for buck.
I live in Cracow, but I have to go to work 35kms away few days a week, to a small village, sometimes late at night, so I need a trusty daily driver.
I used my trashy Dai (rust bucket that I am deeply in love with) everyday, doing around 300-400kms weekly on mountain twisties, but it finally gave up.
I needed something that would handle at least as good as little Charade, give me the same amount of fun and be economical at the same time, and of course be an old Jap.
So there comes the Primera. The plans for next weeks are:
- General engine maintenance/service - all belts, pumps, filters, oils, etc.
- LPG installation service
- Rust fixing + rust proofing whole underneath
- Suspension upgrades (bushes, maybe some coilovers? Will see)
- Decent set of wheels with winter tires
- Brake system upgrade
- Paint correction/detailing/waxing or something
- Interior swap (come on, Primera without power everything?)
- Supposedly some bucket-ish seats?
- Some 16s with sticky tires for summer
- Later on in some distant future maybe some more horses

We will see how my plan goes, usually plans like these tend to become years of work instead of weeks, but i keep my fingers crossedWink The main purpose of this car is a daily driver, so I will do more to keep it running and running well, than to be a looker. But it is nice to have something nice after driving a beater car for a yearLOL

Cheers from Cracow!
Janusz_GT View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janusz_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 7:38pm
Witaj na NPOC :]
But it's a english forum.... so, welcome to NPOC.  Primera P10 it's a great car - take care of him :]
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:23pm
Hi Bart. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Looks like a great P10 you have there. Thumbs Up
Roy
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:43pm
Welcome to the forums dude!

Looks like an excellent base for a project, that P10 arrive to a good home!
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Blantoromeo View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blantoromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
Thanks for warm welcome here:)
Not much happened since I bought it, I'm still waiting for mechanic to have a free spot for my Nissan. 
I have worked a lot on different cars, even on P10 GT, however I know that I won't have enough time to actually do something myself on the engine. I need it for daily driving, so giving it up for two weeks and coming back to Charade is no problem, if it will make it 100% reliable.
Still don't have time for some decent photos:(
I made a semi-upgrade! My friends p10 GT is in restoration process, so he gave me his GT seats and steering wheel. They fit, however steering wheel needs some spacers, and the seats are pretty tired.. They will do for now;)
Do you have any ideas what seats could fit P10 with no/minimal modification? Some bucket-ish stock seats from other Nissans?
Cheers,
Bart.
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:12pm
P11 & 144 and Maxima A32 seats will fit with minimal mods, they will match 3 of the 4 bolts, only need some custom easy work in the rear inner bolt of each seat.

For example the A32 can be electric and leather, even the rears will fit, but these not 100% perfect. A friend here did it in 2012. You will lose the foldable rear function too.
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blantoromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 9:46am
Hi guys,
No updates, since I haven't done much to my Nissan.
I had to change reservoir tank - I just touched it and it fell info pieces. Quick search and I bought a new original item for like €8 :D
Other than that just regular stuff - oil, plugs, cables, filters + I took off rocker cover.
I wasn't pleased with what I saw (tons of junk everywhere, camshafts worn soooo badly) - I have cleaned what I could for now, will do some more oil changes to clean that junk (for now), but I'll probably look for new head (probably from eGT, since they can be found for cheap). 
Is eGT SR head P&P with my 125hp SR20DE? Would I need to change anything in wiring, plugs or do I need anything special to mate it with the block?
If it is P&P I'd probably buy this kind of head + P10 eGT ECU (can be found for cheap as well) - I assume it would make my Primera a tad stronger (am I correct?)
Did some washing yesterday, I am looking forward to weekend - I will be waxing my baby + updating interior with the thing I miss the most - tachometer!
And some pics after wash-up;)

+ I am still looking for a mechanic that would change leaky steering rack in my Primera - now I have no alignment, steering feels loose in long fast turns and tires squeak like crazy:D I need to fix it soon to change tires - now I have some junk summer rubber, and in my garage there is a set of original P10 alloys with new winter johnnies waiting for me;)

Cheers!
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 8:26pm
If you want to do eGT head conversion, go for the highport one.

The later lowport doesnt add almost nothing in comparison with yours.
Blue View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member
Sick End

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:10am
Great looking car! Thanks for sharing the pics
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blantoromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 11:21am
Thanks guys!
It's been 3 days since I'm without the car - I took it to a mechanic to change the steering rack, however some power steering line broke and we had to wait 3 days for it:/
Listen guys, I have another idea: I can have a rebuilt SR20DE head for a steal, get P11 GT ECU + P11 GT cams for cheap as well and slap it on my old block - would that work? Would it be anything close to GT power? What else could I use to get some ponies for less cash?
I decided that I will save up for bodywork, to have it done over winter - Primera has a date with welder mid February, I'll have everything fixed from underneath + rustproofed.
Meanwhile, I'm in search for clean bonnet and a set of doors, the best if no rust and power everything;)
I hope I make it before spring - my idea is to have lively working, clean and rust-free car that can take long journeys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>