Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nissan Primera P11 (G20) 1999 - Electrical woes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 (G20) 1999 - Electrical woes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TripleEks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 (G20) 1999 - Electrical woes
    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:53am
So I recently bought a Canadian Infiniti G20t, it's been a solid car so far (ignoring the rust) except for two real annoyances and one minor thing I'd like to fix.

1. My cruise control doesn't work. When I flip the cruise switch, I can hear a relay clicking, but beyond that nothing happens, no lights come on, and the buttons on the steering wheel do nothing.

2. The throttle feels like it snaps shut violently when you let go. I'm all for a responsive throttle but this is too much, the whole car will buck if you let go of the throttle and tap it again in first gear. Do it a couple times and it pretty much bunnyhops. I've checked timing, cleaned the IACV, adjusted the TPS, even put it in service mode and adjusted the idle. No change. Still annoying.

Finally:

3. I'd like to disable my DRL's. All I can find is documentation on how to do it to a 2000+ model, and apparently the 1999's are totally different i just want to know where to find this cursed DRL box and if I'm supposed to rip it out or just bypass a few wires... I really have no interest in hearing about how it's "illegal" or "not safe"... As though my bright red Infiniti is somehow invisible because my headlights aren't on in the daytime .

Can anyone help?
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:15pm
hi and welcome to npoc, some of the things you mention, we didn't get in the UK models, you may have better luck on the US site G20.net.
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
 Post Reply Post Reply