Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P11 Si engine swap project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P11 Si engine swap project
    Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 1:22am
So, I've been thinking about starting this big project for my P11. It currently has a GA16 with a five speed manual and is LHD. Been thinking about swapping an sr20ve engine with the six speed manual transmission from a JDM p12. I have a possible deal on the engine that comes with the trans, ecu and wiring harnessess.

Now I have a few questions.

1. What are the obvious changes I need to make since it is a GA16 to SR20 swap on a p11?
2. Does the transmission fit in place and if not, what changes need to be made?
3. Since it's a JDM engine, will I run into problems with mine being a LHD model? For example not being able to get the AC working etc.

For parts I can get a p11 GT parts car for pretty cheap. Any help is appreciated, I've tried looking around but I didn't find anyone swapping a p12 sr20 into a p11 Si. Thanks!
dysopath View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dysopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:53pm
Hello and Welcome, I cant answer your questions but someone with more knowledge will look forward to seeing the progression your build
P11 GT * P11 GTIR BTCC REP * N15 GTi * Mitsubishi RVR * Isuzu TF * Merc 307d * Cabstar * LDV Maxus * Talbot Express
Mush View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:35pm
Thank you! Build is currently just in the planning phase but as soon as I get enough information and the required funds it will be on the way.

Right now the plan is:
1.Swap the engine and trannie and get everything functional
2.Disks in the back
3.Slamming it with a BC-racing kit
4.Get all that shit street legal

And some additional steps I have in mind for later on down the road:
5.Nice performance exhaust
6.Some sweet new rims and tires
7.Maybe a paint job? I wanna keep the sleeper look so nothing too flashy but some nice new paint and getting it rust protected (Finnish winters aren't too nice on our cars)
ickle View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 4:56pm
You've probably already came across this by now but I know when I swapped a sr into my ga16. The chassis gearbox mount was different from a gts. Other than that my mounts and box lined up. This was on a rhd tho
P11s gotta catch em' all
 Post Reply Post Reply