Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 CVT - Need some info!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 CVT - Need some info!
    Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:28pm
You will find a number of issues on here regarding the CVT often they can be sorted by replacing the very special lubricant available only from Nissan.
kekec01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekec01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:26pm
I am from Croatia so I think it is euro built model. Thanks!
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:23pm
Hi and welcome to the forumHandshake
You don't say which country you are in so not sure if you are talking about a Japanese import or euro built model, there are differences. The CVT's are not very common here either. As you say the P12 is a big comfortable car probably not as reliable as previous models. As with all AT's if anything goes wrong with them it is not very cheap to repair. As for the 2.0 l engine a good powerful unit but don't expect modern day MPG. I had the 2.2 diesel so cant directly give comment about yours. A search on here will give you loads of information on the model you are looking at.Thumbs Up
kekec01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekec01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
Nobody?? Embarrassed
kekec01 View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekec01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:25pm
Hi. I found 2002 Primera P12 2.0 with only 40 000 miles on her back, CVT transmission, Visia equipment package, alloy wheels, from the first owner, full service history....
I don´t know anything about Nissan but old models was extremelly quallity. In my country I can not find anything about petrol P12 series and about CVT even less. Can You tell me something about 2.0 engine, fuel consumption and basically CVT? Is it good gearbox, does it have some issues, how often are gearbox oil change intervals, what are the costs?? Somebody I know has 2009 Micra with automatic gearbox and about 30 000 miles, there was something wrong about AT and the repair was about €1500. I don´t want that scenario for me. I had a Volvo V70 with Aisin AT and got rid of it because of the problems and costs. I read a little that P12 is not sport car, it is made for comfort and relaxing, stresless drive. You can love it or not, there is not something in between. I always had pretty much unusual cars like Proton, Mitsubishi Galant, Daewoo Tacuma/Rezzo, Daewoo Tico and it will be great to have Primera, I think it is unusual enough for me and still, in my opinion, in this mileage, this should be a new car for peanuts. Please help. Thanks a lot Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply