Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buenos dias from Spain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buenos dias from Spain
    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:05pm
I have recently purchased a 2002 P12 2.0 CVT after many years of deliberation. I have owned 4x4s for the last 18 years, automatics because my wife's license doesn't admit manuals and because I like them too. I eventually decided on the Primera because I have owned a 2004 Pathfinder R50 for the last 11 years and it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Also I have heard that the CVT transmission in the P12 is one of the more reliable modern auto boxes, although I am prepared to be shot down in flames regarding that point.

My car has done the equivalent of 66,500 miles and has some service history. I have no idea which version it is, but it has no satnav and cloth upholstery rather than leather. Being Spanish it has no rust issues whatsoever.

I am keen to do an oil and filter change and also fit front parking sensors as it's like driving the old VW Beetle where you have to be psychic to know where the front of the car is. However, that's where any similarity ends as the car is a dream to drive, especially after so many years in 4x4s.

The car came without an Owners Manual, but I managed to source a secondhand one, thankfully, which is on its way. If only finding a Workshop Manual were quite as straightforward.

Greetings to one and all.
essNchill View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Nissyen Gaius Fluff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essNchill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Pachi Pachi wrote:

If only finding a Workshop Manual were quite as straightforward.

We have the FSM's (Factory Service Manaul / AKA Workshop Manual) available for free download:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-factory-service-manuals_topic29493.html

:)

I'll be over in Spain in just over 2 weeks, staying with family as usual too. Alicante region.

Enjoy the forums and take care,
Shaun
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:54pm
Welcome to NPOC

Workshop Manual Thumbs Up
P12.zip at the bottom is the one you want.

Recommend a quick look through the How-To Section.
There are a few related to the P12

You are not missing anything with the Sat Nav.
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 12:14am
Hi Barrie. Welcome to NPOC.  Handshake  
Roy
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:04am
Many thanks for the link to the manual.

We are actually on the other side of Spain near Cadíz. Have a great time on your holiday-

It's pretty scorchio over here at the moment.
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Originally posted by imckay imckay wrote:

Welcome to NPOC

Workshop Manual Thumbs Up
P12.zip at the bottom is the one you want.

Recommend a quick look through the How-To Section.
There are a few related to the P12

You are not missing anything with the Sat Nav.

I will check it out, thank you and I'll stick to the Tomtom Thumbs Up
schwen View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 8:50pm
Bienvenido desde pureza, pachi!

Veras que bien te acogen aquí, sl2.
P10 Army - G20.net MOTM April ´09 - NPOC.co.uk COTM April ´11
Pachi View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 9:20am
Gracias schwen, me encanta el sito con toda la información que tiene.
 Post Reply Post Reply