Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0044tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from UK
    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:47am

Hello all, im new here.
I own a nissan primera p12w 2005 2.2 dci sice 2 years and i love it!

But, now i have some issue with it which i dont know.
Im not a mechaniker unfortuneatly :( 

Dont know maybe i can write here my issue if not sorry for it.

So last year i replaced the starter motor but less than a year i have a issu when i want to start up.
2 days ago try to start and the starter motor make a click noise , dash gone dark, and central lock clicking when i turn the key.
I thought the starter motor again, and because i have 12 month warranty on it i replaced for a new one.
Yesterday i replaced it, starts up all looks nice, but this morning the problem come up again, try to turn the key starter motor clicking dash go dark central lock clicks.May its a circuit prolem? or a battery? i try to replace the battery later on today lets see , but if you have any other thoughts please shear it.
Thanks 
Tom 

roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:28am
Hi Tom. Welcome to NPOC. Handshake
Sounds like you have a flat battery. Ouch
Roy
0044tom View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0044tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:58am
try that, measured 13 in there, plus tired with jump cable but the same issue
timeshock! View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timeshock! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 6:03pm
Still sound like the battery is duff, probably a collapsed cell so even a jump cable will not be able to make the circuit

I would start with checking the main battery earth lead swhere they attach to the chassis and transmission ensuring they have good sound connection and no breaks

0044tom View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0044tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm
Thank you, will do.
At the moment i checked over all the fuses , all fine.
Started up with a roll on start , after few miles stopped the engine and started without any problem ConfusedConfused
Replaced the battery all ready, no problem since, but lets see what happening after overnight 
 Post Reply Post Reply