Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 jerking at 1500rpm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACHABATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 jerking at 1500rpm
    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:15am
hi guys, I have confusing problem. my 2002 1.8ltr P12 hatchback manual is giving me a confusing problem, it just started jerking between 1500 and 2000rpm, when you press the accelerator to the floor it breathes heavily like its been choked from the air cleaner housing. usually it starts with the engine coolant gauge fluctuating up an down then the jerking starts. could it be the temperature gauge sensor causing all this?

thank you for helping
pianoprimera View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pianoprimera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 1:05pm
I cannot advise on the temp gauge sensor, but I myself would check the air filter (which you probably have). I'd get a can of electrical contact spray and clean the MAF sensor (not WD40! it has to be what I've described, and don't touch inside the MAF sensor). Whilst the MAF sensor is off I'd spray some WD (or the electrical contact spray) into the throttle housing, and wipe it out with a cloth wrapped around a couple of fingers. You'll feel a metal flap in there that could (?) be sticking. Check all the rubber piping for cracks and air leaks too.

Am sure more replies will follow that will be better than mine . . .
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 8:35pm
Hi Allen.  Welcome to NPOC.  Handshake
Try the rear light Earth Fix.  Thumbs Up
Roy
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 7:49am
Welcome to NPOC,

Worth trying the Rear Light Fix as Roy says

Insufficient Ground/Earth at the back of the Car causes odd electrical problems
ACHABATA View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACHABATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 7:26am
Hie guys 

Thank you so much for your prompt responses, well I did fix the earth on the rear light indeed it had a problem, the idling has since changed however am still experiencing a bit of jerking especially when the coolant temperature gauge falls to the floor. when the car jerks the gauge fluctuates simultaneously and the car wont accelerate properly until the gauge is steady. 
roy.2 View Drop Down
NPOC Elite Member
NPOC Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy.2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:11am
Did you do both sides?
Roy
BrianMccaul View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianMccaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 2:06pm
I had the same problem and replaced the air filter and boom sorted.

Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply