Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Primera P12 dCi - Radio/Key Code?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Primera P12 dCi - Radio/Key Code?
    Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:36am
My 2004 car was parked for some months and the battery went flat. Once started, all was well except the radio will not function and the word SECURITY on a green strip appears on the display screen.
I'm told that this is to do with the key code not being accepted by the electronic gubbins that runs things and that the key code has to be re-installed. Is this correct? If so, how do I put the number into the gubbins?
I have a key serial number and a Key Codecard number; I assume it's the latter I need.

While I'm here, can anyone recommend a website for the X-Trail?

Thanks in advance,

RobF.
ragt20 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Swiss Tony

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragt20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 5:23pm
hi and welcome to npoc, to get the code, unless you have it written in the documents you have with your car, think the only option will be to go to Nissan and they should be able to give you the code, may require some info of you. 

what exactly do you want to know about X-Trail website? if you're looking for a club for them, best have a search on google, am sure there are some X-Trail clubs about..
FAO : Laurens, I am not Shaun.
FAO : bavs83, I am not Tan.
VZR-CHECK, VZR-N1-CHECK, P11 VE-CHECK, P12 20V-CHECK, XTRAIL VET-CHECK
imckay View Drop Down
NPOC Member
NPOC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imckay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 7:15pm
Welcome to NPOC

The Code won't clear the Secure Message

Try removing the Battery Earth Lead for 30 Mins. Some Reports of this working.

This Post has some other options
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by RobF RobF wrote:

My 2004 car was parked for some months and the battery went flat. Once started, all was well except the radio will not function and the word SECURITY on a green strip appears on the display screen.
I'm told that this is to do with the key code not being accepted by the electronic gubbins that runs things and that the key code has to be re-installed. Is this correct? If so, how do I put the number into the gubbins?
I have a key serial number and a Key Codecard number; I assume it's the latter I need.
What you termed gubbins is actually the car security unit called Smart Entrance Control Unit (SECU). Yes, you need the PIN code programmed into the unit. The PIN code is obtained by the calibration of certain figures on the label of the SECU. This can be done by a locksmith or the dealer. The SECU is in the dash under the steering wheel. If this is going to be any cheaper, you could post or send a snapshot of the label on the SECU and I could assist with the PIN code. The PIN code is made up of four characters. You could then take the code a key programmer (locksmith or the dealer). The Key code card, I think, contains the number for the fabrication of spare keys .
 Post Reply Post Reply