Nissan Primera Owners Club Nissan Primera Owners Club > General Open Forums - NO TRADING! > Nissan Primera Help & Queries
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nissan primera p12 secure message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nissan primera p12 secure message
    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
I have gone into the self diagnosis menu in my primera and the centre control unit is not linking with the audio unit. the Gps system will work for a few seconds then everything closes down except for AC, with the green bar showing the word secure.
My question is , is this just a re coding of the key or something more tech. I had word with my local nissan dealer and they suggested that this could be the issue but not sure, £60 not sure. I have tried disconnecting the battery, fuses, no luck. Spoke to an auto electrical guy he said if the key works at first he's not convinced the key is the issue and really couldnt help. I would appreciate any advice.
Estyfort View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Estyfort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:38am
Yes, you need a re-coding of the key. Here's my response to a similar issue here a few days ago:
" You need the PIN code programmed into the Smart Entrance Control Unit (SECU). The PIN code is obtained by the calibration of certain figures on the label of the SECU. This can be done by a locksmith or the dealer. The SECU is in the dash under the steering wheel. If this is going to be any cheaper, you could post or send a snapshot of the label on the SECU and I could assist with the PIN code. The PIN code is made up of four characters. You could then take the code a key programmer (locksmith or the dealer)."
If re-coding the key does not resolve the issue, then the audio unit is bad.
McD View Drop Down
NPOC Guest
NPOC Guest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:37am
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply